[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I stop feeling so damn superior to plebs (real-life plebs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1154px-Axes_of_privilege.png (664 KB, 1154x900) Image search: [Google]
1154px-Axes_of_privilege.png
664 KB, 1154x900
how do I stop feeling so damn superior to plebs (real-life plebs, proles and other underclassmen)? I dislike it because I would like to truly believe in the equality of all humans but when push comes to shove I am disgusted by the actions of people who don't live in my upper-class, ivory tower, bourgeois bubble. maybe not disgusted by the middle-class, just mildly annoyed if they aren't educated or ambitious enough, but lower class proletarians and other marginalized peoples? can't make myself tolerate them.

this disgusts me and I would like to change
>>
>>16604967

There is a lot to say on this, it goes something like this:

1. You are likely trash yourself, all things considered.
2. It is disgusting how middle class Americans mostly have no scope in life whatsoever. It's different in another countries.
3. You don't - the wealthy have access to education, fitness, etc, and the poor end up fucked and usually boring as fuck people because all they do as work.

Denying #3 is avoiding the problem.
>>
>>16604967
We are not all equal, but everyone has something to offer. In an area which you are inadequate, someone "lower class" may excell.
By realizing our talents and working together, we can make progress.
If only the top "social bracket" of people have the chance to be successful, the result will be mediocre
>>
>>16604967
Give all your money to someone you trust to hold onto it for a year. Get a shit apartment and a shit job. Try to survive for a year without your money. If you want to play easy mode, start out with $500 in your pocket.
>>
>>16605025

>We are not all equal, but everyone has something to offer

There is this saying:

>The lives of those who are unsuccessful is the manure that fertilizes the flowers which are the lives of those who are.

I think that's generally closer to the truth than your quote.
>>
Take it case by case, bro, case by case. Some people are interesting, others are boring as shit. It doesn't matter how wealthy they are. There are generalizations and then exceptions. Don't let anything surprise you.

Coming from a poorfag who works for a living and goes to college. I can't stand 90% of the people I have to deal with, and the motivates me to become more educated. It also helps mitigate the emotional distress, knowing what I know through studying.
>>
>>16605043

>It doesn't matter how wealthy they are.

You aren't going to get interesting by spending most of your free time working manual labor jobs while in high school and college, nor working a full time job as an adult.

Of course there are exceptions, but they are fairly rare and often have to do with other favorable qualities (getting a scholarship, being extremely good looking, taking an early interest in some skill, etc.)
>>
>>16604967
Stop comparing your own lifestyle to that of others.
Pitying poorer individuals disregards their potential to be successful.
The beauty of today's world is that we can share information extensively and that can be a gateway for anybody.

I think it's also important to consider that not everyone can have a lavish lifestyle. If we all did, we'd either a) have to be a hell of a lot more efficient in using resources or b) there'd have to be a lot less of us (better education usually correlates to smaller population growth however). Humans are exponential consumers and we're already exceding our biogenerative capacity by 50%, so more simplistic lifestyles are probably better in the scheme of things.

Also, it sounds like someone's read the Communist Manifesto recently...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.