[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another pathetic thread about depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hello /adv/ I'm a 22 y/o female with a great family, great friends and great boyfriend but for a time now I've been thinking in suicide a lot. Two months ago, I tried to kill myself but my dad stoped it and took me to a psychologist but nothing gets better.
I started to eat better, sleep more, excersise and not being alone so often but, still, nothing gets better. Also I've been feeling kind of paranoic, like if someone followed we all the time.
I really don't want to take medication because of side effects. If someone takes medication, can tell me your experience? If you don't but you know something related to depression, please help me.
>>
>>16604932
>a great family, great friends and great boyfriend
>tried to kill myself

Yea, no.
>>
>>16604932
>I really don't want to take medication because of side effects.
If you don't like the side effects, you go right back to normal a couple weeks after you stop.
I love my various mental health medications. They work great for me. Worst side effects are thirstiness and appetite suppressing.

Try it. You can always go back. I experimented with lots of different ones before I got a combination/dosage that worked for me. Don't give up.

Here's what always gets me back in: if I'm bad enough that my psyche is trying to convince me not to go to the doctor, that's exactly why I should go.
>>
>>16604982
>I love my various mental health medications. They work great for me. Worst side effects are thirstiness and appetite suppressing.

I genuinely think 90% of you are full of shit. I have this friend that used to be a Buddhist. Then he got bored of it, and now he is on Lithium. Tells me how it's the best shit ever and how he looks forward to going to his psychiatrist to see what kind of new shit they are going to put him on.

Dude is smart as fuck, but doesn't want to deal with reality.
>>
>>16604932
If you have great friends and family why would you want to kill yourself. Do you have any idea what that would do to them? My dad killed himself. Ruined my life, and I'll probably never be the same.

I work 10-12 hours a day. 6 days a week. 2nd shift. Too busy to have a stable life, am I happy? Not too often, but I never take for granted the time I get to spend with my family or friends.

You'll be dead one day, don't worry.
>>
>>16604932
>>16604987
>>I genuinely think 90% of you are full of shit.
Well keep fishing for the other ten percent, bitch, because it sounds like you just want an answer that agrees with your pissy sentiment, not a viable solution.
You need to be receptive to treatment, and not goddamn afraid of trying something that disagrees with you. If you're depressed, seek professional counsel. If you're suicidal, ask of your friends and family to help you deal with your feelings. Continuing to do these things is part of treatment. What you're feeling now may be symptoms of a larger malady, but you need to figure out what exactly that is first to properly address it.
>>
My sister's bipolar. The medication helps, but doesn't really do much, depending on her outside circumstances. Two or three months ago she had made plans to kill herself again. It started mainly because my dad had gotten upset with her, it's crazy what can drive a person in her situation into a hole. Keep in mind, however, that she has a lot of other health issues, so maybe taking medication will be fine for you.
>>
>>16605047

So, you got the wrong post, but it seems to me that all depression medication does is:

>increases suicide rates
>makes people complacent as shit
>kills sex drive
>destroys your kidneys

And those are just the absolutely well known effects.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
>>16604932
have you tried meditation?
try it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daU-xneLA0g&list=PLvySxxK7PGLVPB6qrbMirgK0tqKWxFVYP

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
>>
>>16604932
I write personal poetry and workout until I can't move. I hate myself and everything around me. I hate this reality. But doing these things keep me sane, let me cry and let me sleep like a baby.
I play guitar when I'm really sad.
Own your depression, it makes you see things in a perspective that we'll adjusted people don't.
Merry Christmas
>>
>21
>awful family
>no friends
>tfw no gf/bf
>going to community college and have a part-time entry level wageslave job
>parents wouldn't take me to a psychologist after I opened up about considering suicide
>had a really shitty christmas, family is falling apart by the seams to the point that my parents are lying to themselves that everything will be fine
>thought about killing myself tonight by drinking bleach
>was about to do it when I remembered I already bought an animu figure that wouldn't release until fall next year

my waifu saved my laifu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.