[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to propose to a girl I'm not in love with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So I'm going to propose to a girl I'm not in love with because she's a great person and doesn't deserve to have her heart broken. Bad move, I know but you know what? fuck it. Just fuck it. I can't remember the last time I got in trouble. I can't remember the last time I broke something. I can't remember the last time I made a real mistake so if this turns out bad, then that's life. What's the worst that could happen? I die? So be it. I might as well be dead anyway.
>>
>>16604739
Sounds like you've got it all figured out.
>>
>>16604739
>What's the worst that could happen? I die?
You break her heart.
>>
OP, if you were in love with her, what would be different?
>>
File: 1450726019813.jpg (799 KB, 2402x1400) Image search: [Google]
1450726019813.jpg
799 KB, 2402x1400
>>16604744
I'm just tired of being scared to make a mistake and tiptoeing around my needs. Maybe I just need to push myself to a breaking point. On the opposite end of the spectrum maybe I fall in love and everything turns out better than expected. It's up to chance. Gonna put my faith in whatever and just go at it.
>>
>>16604752
Damn I didn't think about that. Either way, I'm going at this as hard as I can. I'm giving it my all. I'm putting it all on the line so that it doesn't happen to her.

>>16604753
Nothing, that's the point.
>>
>marrying a girl you don't love
I'll give it 2 years maximum
>>
File: sKZDwET.jpg (115 KB, 605x604) Image search: [Google]
sKZDwET.jpg
115 KB, 605x604
>>16604782
You're on bud.
>>
The worst that could happen is you fall in love with somebody else while you're married to her.

Really think about that.
>>
>>16604739
Being this afraid of confrontation
>>
so what'll you do when she finally admits she didn't love you and just went with it cause she thought it made you happy?
>>
>>16604739
Do it for whatever other reason you want, but know that when it doesn't work out and you end up breaking her heart that the reason "she's a great person and doesn't deserve to have her heart broken" isn't a good one.
>>
>>16604760
>I'm just tired of being scared to make a mistake
If you want to take the risk of making an expensive and painful mistake, try starting a small business in an area you're not good at and don't care about. It's pretty similar to marrying someone you don't love except that the only person you hurt is yourself.

>>16604764
>Damn I didn't think about that. Either way, I'm going at this as hard as I can. I'm giving it my all. I'm putting it all on the line so that it doesn't happen to her.
But it's going to. When you are married to someone, I guarantee you won't be able to hide how you (don't) feel forever. Breaking her heart is not a question of if, but of when. And when it happens, it's not only going to break her heart, it's going to destroy her ability to trust anybody who says they love her. It could literally wreck her life.

So by doing this, you're not only ignoring your feelings, but her feelings and her future emotional well-being as well. She is a human being, not your personal emotional exercise machine. I hope she susses out what you're doing before she walks down the aisle.
>>
>>16604940
This.
Then itl all return to nothing...
>>
op if you break up with it now, she'll get over it.
If you wait, and marry her first, it will literally ruin her whole life
>>
>>16605096
this
don't drag her through hell because you don't wanna be awkward for a little while
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.