[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a 26 year old law student home for winter break whose putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Books.jpg (150 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
Books.jpg
150 KB, 500x341
Ask a 26 year old law student home for winter break whose putting off real life for another 2 years...anything
>>
Why the fuck would you put it off for two more years?
>>
>>16604614

Because I have two more years of school
>>
>>16604623
Why's it taking you so long?
>>
how difficult is law school?
>>
>>16604637

Because I worked for 3 years after undergrad

>>16604643

Not hard if you're ok being average
>>
>>16604643
Not OP, but not any more difficult than any other course once you get into the right mindset and know what they're looking for.
>>
>>16604647
>>16604650

How much writing is there compared to other grad programs? That's the one thing I really can't stand. I'm good at it, but hate it
>>
>>16604609
Hey, I appreciate you for going after your dreams. I wish you the best of luck and don't forget to add some life back into your studying from time to time. Yes, it is possible to do both. Have a great time law buddy :)
>>
>>16604654
You need to be able to express yourself clearly and succinctly and for a range of audiences. Language and writing skills are crucial, and if you don't like them, it's not for you.
>>
>>16604654

Legal writing was my only writing class this semester and it consisted of 3 papers, 4, 8, and 10 pages.

Every other class is graded based on one exam
>>
Is law worth getting into still?
>>
>>16604661
Depends on what you consider 'worth it'.
>>
>>16604661

Depends on where you go
>>
Would law school be worth it if I don't actually want to be a lawyer or anything related? Just to have the degree
>>
>>16604678

No, if you just want the knowledge read an Examples and Explanation on what you are interested in...learning about "law" isn't hidden behind tuition
>>
>>16604678
Law can be a good degree to have under your belt if you want to get into government or politics. In all honestly, it's basically a glorified liberal arts degree.
>>
Are law programs today filled with a lot of SJWs and hardcore libs?
>>
>>16604701
Probably more conservatives than anything else, really. Most people are somewhere in the middle though
>>
>>16604670

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>16604701

There are some
>>
>>16604709

Depends on your goals
>>
What do you expect to make out of school?

What sort of law are you focusing on?
>>
why law? i literally see nothing appealing about law besides lawyers being made out to be fast talking witty hot shots on shitty law and order shows. most lawyers ive met arent even that smart
>>
>>16605507
What are you studying? Let me guess: STEM?
>>
>>16605511
>answering a question with a question
what a fucking tool
>>
>>16605517
I'm not OP, dipshit.
>>
>>16605521
>assuming i thought you were op
what a retard
>>
>>16605534
>I was only pretending to be retarded
I don't have to answer your question if I'm not OP, since I didn't make an AMA. If I don't have to answer your question, saying
in response to >>16605511 makes you a complete idiot.
>>
>>16605538
actually my question was to an open audience. i never specifically addressed it to op. the follow up comment after i asked "why law" even implies that im taking the chance to throw an insignificant question out there without going through the hassle of making my own thread (though im more than happy to derail someone elses teehee).

>what a tool

was the perfect fucking response as you decided to challenge my insult of the law profession my probes and trying to figure out mine? which you havent yet teehee.
>>
>>16605555
*by probing and trying to figure out mine
>>
>>16604609
>1Ls thinking that anyone cares about their opinions on anything.

Wait till you get your first semester grades back
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.