[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kansas Eviction / Residence Law help? I have a friend in Kansas,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1328027304582.png (18 KB, 210x99) Image search: [Google]
1328027304582.png
18 KB, 210x99
Kansas Eviction / Residence Law help?

I have a friend in Kansas, age 21.

They are living at their friend's family home right now, since November, seeking work and just finished interviews for jobs. They don't pay rent; as far as I know the mother never required rent.

The mother verbally abuses them to the point they are scared to leave their room at the house. The mother told them "You're not allowed out of that room on Christmas." And so they can't get to food to eat.

So today they left the room. I don't know what happened but apparently the mother threatened to "take them to the shelter" on Sunday and that they're not welcome there anymore.

I told them call the police if she puts a hand on you.

How is this legal? She never required rent and my friend is actively seeking work, the bitch is butthurt because my friend is starving and went downstairs to try to find something to eat.

I need as much information as possible about Kansas law relating to eviction. What does my friend say or do at this point to protect themselves? They don't have anywhere else to go.
>>
>>16604473
Google it.

Where I live, if you live in a place for 30 days or more you are considered a resident and the landlord has to go through the county court eviction process if they actually want to evict you
>>
>>16604521

I am googling the ever-loving fuck out of it right now. I'm just letting this thread simmer while I do because I don't know much about this myself and need whatever help I can get.

Everythign I've found talks about rental and "pay rent or quit" notices, but rent was never required so I don't know what paplies.
>>
It sounds like it's pretty much at the discretion of the bitch of a mother, unfortunately. If there's no formal agreement aside from just a verbal contract, then your friend either can move--which is unfeasible at this point--or has to deal with the bullshit, lest they be cast out of the house. Realistically speaking, since I can't find anything on automatic residency in Kansas law, they're living in that house on borrowed time. I'm honestly surprised they haven't been thrown out, based on the mother's general behavior. But if their friend can document the fact that the mother is abusing this person, such as verbal abuse, threats and general starvation, then it becomes a legal issue, and they should receive help from the authorities.
I say tell them to get proof that they're in an abusive household and have to stay there out of lack of other options. If the mother gets physical, going to the cops will almost certainly get them kicked out, but might result in charges against the mother, especially with proof of prior abuse.
>>
Sounds like your friend is better off going somewhere.
>>
>>16604665

That's what they are trying to do
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.