[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting a female childhood friend for coffee tomorrow. We haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1440995658420.png (29 KB, 599x301) Image search: [Google]
1440995658420.png
29 KB, 599x301
Meeting a female childhood friend for coffee tomorrow. We haven't seen nor talked to each other for 10 years. She is super cute according to her Facebook. Am I already doomed because I'm an old friend? Or can I turn this around and make it into a date?
>>
We're not her, and we're not mind-readers.

Most likely you're out of luck. Besides, why are you automatically going for an old friend just because she's attractive?

Learn not to think of all attractive women as potential girlfriends. (There's a more crude way of putting that, but I'll refrain.)
>>
>>16604295
I'm meeting her because I'm genuinely interested in how she's been.
>>
Just be up front and ask her on a date.
>>
>>16604298
>interested in how she's been
>Can I turn this around and make it into a date?
You and I both know you're lying.
>>
>>16604260
Don't push it.

Just go see the girl and don't act too interested.

I'm starting to see why you guys have such bad luck with women: you treat every girl and every encounter with a girl as a set-in-stone prelude to a fuckfest.
>>
>>16604331
This. And they yearn for women much more attractive than themselves (which I consider more likely than not in OP's case).
>>
>>16604331
>I'm starting to see why you guys have such bad luck with women: you treat every girl and every encounter with a girl as a set-in-stone prelude to a fuckfest.

Not every single one, but close. I never had a mentor of any kind and all of my friends are engineering students. You kind of have to shoot fish in a barrel at that point.
>>
>>16604342
Doesn't apply here.
>>
File: 1445278741637.gif (768 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1445278741637.gif
768 KB, 500x279
>>16604348
Oh, of course not. I wouldn't dare gainsay your claim.
>>
>>16604260
>>Haven't talked in ten years
Do you even know her life situation, man? You're just meeting her for coffee. It's a basic social call. It's a friendly circumstance. You don't need to turn it into an attempt at getting your dick wet, fucking hell.
>>
>>16604358
why not? she has a wet hole and i have a muscular dong
>>
>>16604356
Thanks, cartoon pedo man!

>>16604358
What are you trying to say here? I'm interested in her- why wouldn't I try?
>>
>>16604374
Okay. Clearly you're meeting this woman for the purpose of turning it into something more than just a chat and a coffee. Fine. At that point, it entirely depends on whether or not she'll rebuff your attempts at a date, based on your how you carry on during your meeting. It really does sound like you already have your mind set on trying something with her, so I don't know why you'd ask us if you had a chance if you were going to try anyway.

Why haven't you seen each other for a solid decade, again? Because that gap in time is more than likely going to be the thing that determines the social dynamic of your interaction tomorrow.
>>
>>16604389
What I'm really asking is if I should attempt to flirt with her at all. I won't bother if my current social standing with her already put me in a tough spot.

I haven't seen her in a decade because we went to different schools and we have funny last names. We have both tried to find each other on Facebook to no avail.
>>
>>16604401
I suppose a bit of mild flirting wouldn't be out of order, but pay attention to see if she shuts that shit down fast or is just humoring you.
Also, how do you even know she isn't seeing someone right know? I'd imagine that'd make flirting pretty much pointless.
>>
>>16604419
I know she doesn't have a boyfriend based on her recent posts. Another girl posted "our future boyfriend goals!!" or some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>16604295
>hey guys how to find gf
>go out more meet more girls talk to them
>learn not to think all attractive women as potential girlfriends
>not wanting to date attractive women

lol /adv/
>>
>>16604449
He's basically saying don't fall in love with every girl you walk past, and quit putting your dick ahead of your manners, you snotty cunt.
>>
>>16604462
>OP wants a date
>falling in love
>>
>>16604462
>quit putting your dick ahead of your manners
Yeah, that's the more-crude thing I alluded to in >>16604295.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.