[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling women art is misogynstic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
My girlfriend said that if I say she's "art" then I'm misogynstic. Is this true?

Because I'm already getting vibes that she might have issues
>>
Once I told my girlfriend she was the most beautiful song I'd ever danced to. She promptly rode my dick.

Gf sounds like a spaz, homie.
>>
>>16604167
I can see what she's getting at, that you're implying she's an object....but I know you're not. She's just being a crazy feminist. Anyone who uses the term "misogyonistic" should be avoided.
>>
File: 3532.jpg (92 KB, 418x550) Image search: [Google]
3532.jpg
92 KB, 418x550
She is not an object. She could be the inspiration of an artist that would have her sitting naked on a chair so she could paint her on a canvas, but she is not the canvas.

However, if the painting is pretty, everyone would be glad that she was the inspiration for the art, but the artist would be the one who is praised most.

If she inspires you to write poems, or make drawings of her, or if you feel sometimes that she is the prettiest girl you've ever seen, it's fine too, but keep in mind she is a person.
>>
>>16604167
leave dat ho
>>
>>16604167
That's a faggy thing to say, but not mysoginistic senpai.
>>
you were trying to be sweet. putting you in a box with misogynists is a pretty hostile reaction for such an innocent comment. she has issues. better leave her, for your own sanity.
>>
>implying something living can't be art.

Bitch is looking for any excuse to be butthurt.
>>
>>16604167
A relatively innocuous thing like calling somebody "art," especially in the way of a compliment, wouldn't warrant an accusation of misogyny. I can see how she might consider it objectification, maybe, but even that's a stretch.
You two been dating long? I feel like you would've noticed a tendency to take offense at or pigeonhole irrelevant and minor things for the sake of accusations.
>>
leave her
>>
Dump her. Imagine how much more crazy she can get down the line. Do you really want to deal with her being a crazy bitch after more innocuous comments?
>>
That depends. Have you in the past made an offhanded comment about how "the arts" were inferior to the "sciences", and the lesser subject (art) was the domain of the woman while the highbrow logic of science was clearly more suited to the man?

If you are the kind of person who constantly starts bullshit about "feminazis" and "emotion vs logic" and unironically tries to shittest your gf about how she better not be one of those bra-burners, everything you say will subsequently take on a meaning you do not intend.

At the end of the day, it is not a good idea to call your girlfriend an object created for the purpose of viewing and dissemination by an audience. If she is art, then you are her critic. It's... not a very nice compliment.
>>
>>16604167
If your girlfriend uses the word "misogynistic" and she's not talking about literal Elliot Rodger-tier hatred of women you need to get the fuck out of that relationship right now.
>>
>>16604167

>gf calling you misogynistic
>this seriously worries you

I'm not sure what's worse, her for for being such a bitch, or you for being such a cuck.
>>
>>16606246
Dude, I pretty much can't stand modern feminism, but casual misogyny is real and quite common. So is casual misandry of course.

That said this isn't fucking misogyny, it's a compliment.
>>
>>16604167
Can't she just take a fucking compliment at face value? jesus christ...what an insufferable cunt.

What's next, you call her beautiful and she'll say you're objectifing her? The human form can be art, male or female. Drop the bitch
>>
>>16604167
On behalf of other grills, I'd like to slap your girlfriend for being such a ridiculous twat. Bitch should be flattered.
>>
>>16604167

so ... you're GF tells you that she believes you hate women, and you're still in the relationship why?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.