[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel ungrateful? For this Christmas all my mom got me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: feelus.png (32 KB, 173x200) Image search: [Google]
feelus.png
32 KB, 173x200
Why do I feel ungrateful? For this Christmas all my mom got me was 4 long sleeve dress shirts that I didn't like. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like them, or that I didn't even want or need more shirts. I dont know why this is making me feel so bad. Its like I'm thankful for her getting me something but me not liking them makes me feel bad. She's never gotten me a thoughtful gift in my life, only things I've told her or stuff that "picked those shirts up because they were on sale".
>>
>>16603737
bump
>>
>>16603737
It can be awkward as fuck with parents trying tongive gifts. The problwm is very common. Dony overthink this
>>
>>16603858
But I never feel this bad
>>
>>16603917
Find some comfort in the fact that your mom probably isn't thinking "Anon is going to fucking love these - I can't wait to see his face when he sees them".

She's probably just relieved she's got you a safe gift that you'll (hopefully) like
>>
>>16603737
If she asks about them, tell her you love them and wear them all the time. Meanwhile, find a charity nearby and donate them.
>>
Why do you feel bad? She got you a shit present. That's not your fault.
>>
>>16603935
I don't know. I feel like maybe I was expecting something more besides just a couple of shirts. I told her a lot that I needed some new belts and boots. I mean she didn't write a card, or anything. But I know she didn't have to get me anything at all.
>>
Is she in general a loving, kind, supportive member of your family who you can trust?
>>
My mother in law got me ugly tea towels. I don't mind getting tea towels but it feels a bit weird that she didn't find one with a pretty pattern.
My husband asked her for a white shirt for work, and she got him a white one with colourful polka-dots on it. He's never going to wear it but the brand is actually quite an expensive one. She also got him cuff links but he hasn't used cuff links for 5 years and has a tonne already.
Oh and she also got me an expensive purse that is also ugly but I know the brand and even on sale it wouldn't be cheap.
It makes it extra painful because she spent so much money on them.
It feels so ungrateful but we would prefer nothing to have her waste money on things we're not going to use.
I think it's quite a common feeling to feel ungrateful at this sort of stuff. As long as you act grateful then quietly donate them or something then there isn't much more you can do.
>>
>>16603953
Sometimes. Buy sometimes shes really not, like she told me to go home and never come back on Christmas.
>>
>>16603737
She didn't put that much thought into the gifts, so just flat-out tell her. It's a waste of money, at least.

Sis is much better at gift-giving, so when she occasionally gets me something I'm not interested in I do my best to seem thankful.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.