[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College dropout of one semester here. I've sent 214 applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1448293475151.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448293475151.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
College dropout of one semester here. I've sent 214 applications to entry level retail places without a single response. I don't put my college ed. on there obviously, but I can't find employment to get back on my feet. How do I deal with this?
>>
Lie more, especially about experience
>>
>>16603536
This, to be honest.

Lie, cheat, and steal your way into a position, Fuck everyone else before they fuck you, and be sure to do it hard and fast, no lube.

CAPITALISM IS GREAT!
>>
If you are not receiving a single response you are doing something wrong. There is plenty of good blogs on resume and cv writing out there so get started on that and really put in effort. One starter is to always list duties as achievements. Blogs that go in-depth enough to tell you to do that will be of general great help so just get going. After having your cover letter and resume up to standard start studying interview techniques. Everything in the recruitment process is learnable so get to it. You will get jobs if you put in effort. Also sign up for volunteering ASAP. Any experience is good experience.
>>
>>16603955

If you don't already know someone who can get you a job in a place like that then you need to look up the keywords that retail employers are looking for in a resume and the answers they want on their applications. Big name stores get too many applicants to have real people read through every single application and that is the sad truth, so they usually use automated services that sift through and deliver, say, the 10 nest candidates according to arbitrary filters and requirements created by the hiring managers that don't understand what they are actually asking for, so you can end up with thousands of perfectly qualified candidates get rejected instantly because they don't make it through the ridiculous automated gauntlet.

If I were you, I would submit applications to Craigslist instead. Start at the bottom, very some skills and a network. The official application pages for big companies are useless. Craigslist recruiters are now likely to at least glance through your resume
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.