[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soon a friend of mine will tell me he likes me. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 01.jpg (277 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
277 KB, 500x750
Soon a friend of mine will tell me he likes me.

I don't like him back.
What should I tell him? I don't want him to get hurt.
>>
Be direct and honest. It's what he needs to hear. If you sugar coat it too much and make him think there is still a chance he'll just be one of those miserable "she friendzoned meee, is there still a chance?" losers.

The clearer you are about it the kinder you're being to him. It will allow him to move on faster and get on with his life.
>>
Yeah, crystal clear. It very well may hurt him but you can't really control that.
>>
>>16603497

Listen to me. I won't mince words with you here.

You cannot be friends anymore. He will stick around you thinking you will eventually change your mind. It's his fault for sticking around because he's weak, but it's also your fault for knowing he's weak and letting him hurt himself by remaining your friend.

Seriously, just back off him once he tells you and say it's just for the best.
>>
I feel for ya op. Every time I make a friend this happens... It really sucks.
>>
File: 1384463041605.jpg (125 KB, 551x391) Image search: [Google]
1384463041605.jpg
125 KB, 551x391
>that feel when you're on the other end of this conundrum

Why do I get infatuated with every girl who gives me the time of day? And I know she'll say no and it'll ruin the friendship so I haven't said anything. But its fucking eating at me. I can't stop thinking about her.
>>
>>16604119

Anon this isn't your thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3afCJ4OA2I
>>
>>16604119
Wow
>>
>>16603497
i had this happen to me, on the other end of the situation
i became her orbiter for two years
tell him to (not even kindly) go fuck himself
i wish that happened to me
trust me, he'll be thankful to you in the long run.
>>
>>16603919
>He will stick around you thinking you will eventually change your mind.
Not necessarily.
Some do, some don't.

>You cannot be friends anymore.
They can as long as she makes herself clear and he gives himself time.
>>
>>16603497
>>16603510
Exactly this. You're going to hurt his feelings a little bit no matter what you do, but it's OK. He needs to hear it and move on. You CANNOT avoid hurting his feelings, only control -how much- you hurt him.

And he might not even take it all that bad, he might just be going out on a limb to see if there's anything there. He would never know if he didn't try, right? So let him ask, try not to make it akward, and just tell him straight up that you do not like him that way. Maybe add a 'I'm sorry if that hurts you, BUT' at the end.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.