[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one have sharp brain?Also big focus on originality and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: yeak.jpg (6 KB, 210x250) Image search: [Google]
yeak.jpg
6 KB, 210x250
How can one have sharp brain?Also big focus on originality and creativity
>>
http://youtu.be/9C_HReR_McQ
>>
>>16602723
What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>16602717
1. Be born with high intelligence
2. Learn a lot, some may argue that by knowing a lot you can have opinions about a lot of things.

So what I would advice is to start reading books, in my experience, the smartest/sharpest people I've met all read a lot books
>>
>>16602726
Get creative, nitwit
>>
>>16602731
Of course im trying to learn things but still you dont need to read a lot to be creative and original.
>>
Bump also dont get me wrong i will focus even more of time on reading but still am looking for other tips as well
>>
>>16602735
Maybe not to be original, but to be good at the medium you're more likely than not going to have to read something about it.
>>
>>16602717
Read a lot. Pick out hard shit to read and try to comprehend it and apply it to your experience.
>>
Stay completely hydrated.
Cut out refined sugar, only fruit.
Make sure you get an adequate amount of minerals in your diet
Don't consume caffeine
Get decent sleep
Make sure your test levels are up, so exercise, even light cardio is good just to get the blood pumping to your brain
>>
>>16602855
Im already trying to do everything from this list
>>
Get into fine art.

Seriously. Consume discourse. Art theory and criticism. Look at paintings. Create your own.
Also film theory, watch movies for other reasons than entertainment.

And general philosophy.

All this has done wonders for me.
>>
>>16602923
Consume discourse. Art theory and criticism. Look at paintings. Create your own.
Will do. Thanks
>Also film theory, watch movies for other reasons than entertainment.
I watched only few movies in my life and dont know where to start but i listen to a lot of music.
>>
Who's that in your picture, OP? looks like a friend of mine
>>
>>16603390
hahahahahahaaaaha, YEAK!
>>
File: okskforgiv.png (99 KB, 292x309) Image search: [Google]
okskforgiv.png
99 KB, 292x309
>>16603411
uguuu she wouldn't post her picture online anyway uguuuuu
>>
>>16603002
See Stanley Kubrick, David Fincher, Michael Mann, Brian DePalma, Werner Herzog, Spike Jonze, stuff like that.

If you don't like something, try and put into words why you don't like it, and what's actually good about it. Life in nuanced. When I look at art, I find that the most rewarding is what I have a hard time accepting as 'good', because it makes me think about it more. It's easy to enjoy things that are made to be easily consumed, seek out more challenging stuff, and understand that the experience of culture should be rewarding in a sense that it makes your own self more complex, not only confirm what you already know about yourself. Someone actually took the time and money to create it, because they felt it was important that it exists, so never trust your initial thoughts and feeling when you don't care. There's something in everything to care about. And it might sharpen you.

Also: get good at doing research. Get good at googling. If you come over something you don't know much about, stay curious and read about it. Every time someone mention something in conversation, that I lack knowledge of, I look it up.
>>
>>16603390
Friend or friends daughter?
>>
File: yeak.png (545 KB, 1056x942) Image search: [Google]
yeak.png
545 KB, 1056x942
>>16603422
hahahahahahaaaaha, YEAK!
>>
File: CrystallizedvsFluid.jpg (46 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
CrystallizedvsFluid.jpg
46 KB, 500x350
>>16602731

>1. Be born with high intelligence

It does seem that IQ is genetic to a significant degree from what I have read.

I don't know how much stock I would put in reading - reading really good literature (good luck defining what that is) can make you understand life better. If you know enough about random things, you will understand the world better. This mostly comes from technical books though. You will find that mastering a topic is far harder than most people make it out to be though. You could probably spend a year reading a good textbook on something and still not fully get it. Supposedly reading stimulates your ability to process information as compared to games/movies/etc. But knowledgeable =/= sharp.

>>16602855

This is all good advice. There are also some supplements that supposedly help, but I don't go as far.

>>16602923
>>16603002
>>16603443

This guy is either trolling or a faggot.

Additions to what has been said - creativity and IQ seem to NOT necessarily go hand in hand. One of the few things proven to increase IQ (pattern recognition) is training that trains hyper-attention. It's called dual n-back training, look it up. While it was shown to increase IQ (through working memory increases, again, look it up), it was shown that it DECREASES creativity and ability to find indirect solutions to problems.

Anyway, "sharpness" of mind is basically working memory.

Learning another language is proven to increase IQ and stave of age-related decline. But I imagine it applies to learning anything. Studies also showed that learning an instrument can increase IQ.

It's all vague as shit. If nothing else, this is the best post here: >>16602855 along with "Learn new difficult shit."
>>
File: yeak.jpg (76 KB, 980x651) Image search: [Google]
yeak.jpg
76 KB, 980x651
>>16603480
Y E A K

E

A

K
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.