[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone care to share their experiences with long commutes everyday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ZsU9dng.jpg (263 KB, 1073x1428) Image search: [Google]
ZsU9dng.jpg
263 KB, 1073x1428
Anyone care to share their experiences with long commutes everyday for work?

I'm starting work after new year's and it's going to be a 1.5 hour bus commute each trip until I can get a car (or move) halfway into the year.

I think the commute will eventually take a toil on me, and I wonder how I can prepare myself mentally beforehand to avoid feeling down about it.
>>
i was driving 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back. enjoyed it for 2 months and then literally began to go crazy.

couldn't do it anymore. had to quit the job because i hated it so much.
>>
>>16601979
>driving 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back
but that's what I'm supposed to be looking forward to after I get a car
>>
used to drive 35 minutes on the highway to get to a job.
account for that commute time: get some audiobooks or read when you take the bus.
my job was on a road with a lot of truck traffic, so there was a lot of stress involved because I drove a small car and there were a lot of accidents on that route.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-03-15-38.png (276 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-03-15-38.png
276 KB, 480x800
Good music is key!!!
>>
Its no that bad as you can read a book, browse 4chan on a tablet or just sleep on the bus.
>>
>>16602056
not OP but man I wish I could do this, unfortunately I get motion sickness and all the ginger, dramamine, and reflexology in the world isn't enough to make it tolerable. if I had a bus commute I would have so many fucking audiobooks...
>>
>>16601972
I used to have a 1 hour commute through bumper to bumper traffic. Drove me insane until I was literally screaming at the clouds in my car. Now I just walk to work in 20 minutes and I enjoy it.
>>
>>16602067
I used to suffer from motion sickness when I read on the bus, but I assure you it is something you can build a tolerance on.

When I had to commute an hour to my uni, I was on a highway bus and I slowly started building a tolerance by attempting to read and stopping before I got dizzy, slowly pushing my limits.

After some time, I became fine with reading while the bus was at a constant speed, and I only had to stop reading when the bus was taking a turn or stopping. Eventually, I got used to that as well and I was fine even when the bus was off the highway.
>>
>>16601972
I drive a lot for work.
I'm a guitar teacher and I go house to house. When I first started, it was like 25 minutes to get out to the suburbs and then 5-10 minutes between houses.

Well, over the summer, there was a TON of roadwork going on and my commute was close to 2 hours some days. It was frustrating as hell, sure. But it would've been better on a bus DESU.
Just watch TV shows on your phone or read or play mobile games or something. Get a gameboy.
>>
>>16601979
>can't handle a 30-minute commute
Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>16601972
Drive 1,5 hours to work with the train.
And 1,5 hours back. I bring my laptop with me, but it kind of sucks. But It's a good job.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.