[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
So for my grades this semester, I'm a sophomore at University of Massachusetts, Lowell. I got a B, B+, B-, A-, and a D+ :/. So the D+ is in Terrorism which is a history based class. I don't do so well with these classes. So the midterm and the final I didn't do so well on but my project was phenomenal. The project itself was supposed to count towards 35% of the grade but the professor used it as a scale of my grade which it wasn't supposed to do that at all. I emailed the professor explaining that I did so much work for the project that I deserved a C-. I have you know that I only missed 3 classes. 2 were from sickness and 1 was from a personal reason. That's not enough to bring my grade that low. I also chimed in every so often just asking questions and all which is participation. I think I'm deserving of a C-. The professor emailed his higher ups asking to change my grade from a D+ to a C-. This was like a week ago on Wednesday. I'm really scared cause I don't want to show my parents a D+. My parents help me with college so of course I have to show them the grade. What should I do? Should I email the higher ups telling them my situation and that I deserve the C- or should I be patient. What should I do? Am I overreacting? Maybe they are just busy with family right now for Christmas.
>>
>>16601620
>not getting an A in terrorism

did you escape your tard wrangler
>>
I just had trouble with the class. I just don't do well with history related classes.
>>
>>16601627
Maybe this isn't the career for you then
>>
Fellow Riverhawk here. Just be honest and tell your parents that you're working something out with the professor. Merry Christmas.
>>
It is a career for me. The professor just didn't give me the grade I deserved. I'm just wondering what I should do. I just don't know how my parents will react. The professor said the project was going to be a grade then he said it wasn't going to be which would cheat me out of the grade. I feel like I should contact the higher ups.
>>
Merry Christmas Fellow Riverhawk!
>>
File: lmao.jpg (37 KB, 521x256) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
37 KB, 521x256
>>16601620

lmao, u bum ass nigga.

look at my grades, bro. i didn't even try, and I ain't even white nor hindu nor asian. u bring shame to ur race.

u better drop out, homie, cuz u don't belong.
>>
>>16601645
>game studies
>>
Sorry OP, but not everything is handed to me on a fucking platter. I gotta scrape to get by in school. Its an advice thread.
>>
File: giphy.gif (4 MB, 337x263) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4 MB, 337x263
>>16601646
lmao, that was my reaction when I discovered that the university would let me take that class for credit toward my CS degree.

hey, but if they gon be stupid, I ain't gon stop them. after all, it's all about dat easy A, my nigga.
>>
File: VWJ1000_0006_1396752136512.jpg (458 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
VWJ1000_0006_1396752136512.jpg
458 KB, 960x544
>>16601668
How do you plan to combat outsourcing?
>>
No, school just isn't my strong suit but i'm trying to pull through since I need college for any future in Criminal Justice.
>>
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>16601672
>>16601672
bro, if outsourcing were legit, half of india wouldn't be party crashing silicon valley right now.
>>
Tbh
>>
>>16601620
Huh. Your school uses peoplesoft too. Right on.

DO NOT email them saying you deserve a higher grade. I'm a part-time professor, and that NEVER works with me. The only kids I listen to are the ones whom I know have worked hard all semester long and had a slip-up or two - the ones I saw in my office, who came to class, who emailed about homeworks. If you didn't do that shit, you can kiss yourself goodbye. Sorry.

I would never cowtow to a student asking for a better grade because mumsy and dadsy are going to beat the shit out of him. Guess what? You should have come to class. You should have come to my office hours. Too many milennials have buyer's remorse when it comes to grades, but y'all need to understand that no one honestly cares about your too little too late attempts.
>>
I already did and the professor emailed his higher ups
>>
>>16601668
my nigga

What do you learn in that course?
>>
>>16601706

Why? He has discretion so long as he's following departmental policy. There's no reason that it can't be handled through a "sorry, but it's a no go" type email.

Maybe your school has gone through more litigation than the one I'm working for. Dunno. But really, you're expecting something that isn't going to happen. This could bode very poorly for you.
>>
He said he was going to grade the project I did which was gonna be a huge grade but ended up using it as a scale. This was a semester grade. It Took months to complete.
>>
>>16601723
Your point? It's still their discretion. We can often look at something for like 10 minutes and determine if you put a decent amount of work into it or not. You all think you're fooling us.
>>
Yeah but you can't tell your students in the syllabus that it's gonna be a grade then end up saying it won't be. It's against school rules
>>
>>16601645

>Bragging about acing 100 classes

Smdh
>>
>>16601698
If I'm gonna do all that shit you mentioned I might as well go overkill and get A's on every single assignment. You think that if I'm all up on your office, I'm not gonna be watching every single assignment score like a motherfucking hawk making sure nothing is less than 100%? In other words, you're basically saying you ain't helping jack shit. OP's a normie, he put slightly more effort than a D. The student you described put more effort than A. That nigga deserves a medal of honor.
>>
>>16601620
dude be glad you didn't get all D's despite staying up for three consecutive nights doing nothing but study ;_;

guess it's time to join the army huh
>>
>>16601698
So basically you didn't listen to a damn thing he said. Assuming he's being truthful, he attended class regularly, missed only when he had a legitimate reason, participated a reasonable amount and worked hard on his final project. He just really struggles with this type of class. You'd better get used to dealing with that if you're going to make a career out of teaching and drop the self-righteous attitude; it's simply inappropriate here.

If at any point in my academic career I had received a worse grade than anticipated, not through any failing of mine, but because the grading system on class syllabus dramatically differed from the one the professor ended up using (and he didn't announce and explain the change within the first few weeks of class) I would have complained to the department and insisted that the grade be changed, felt perfectly justified in doing so, and I would have won. That sort of thing is unacceptable.
>>
>>16601712
In the class, we answer:

What is a game? (MDA paper. )
How is a game made? (Iterative design.)
What types of games are there? (Serious, virtual, skinner, etc)

At the same time we apply these learnings to the creation of our own little games made using game making software (like RPG Maker).

I actually did more programming in this class than in any other class this semester, so it was worthwhile.
>>
>>16601741
>>16601741

here at my school 100 classes are upper division, which means for juniors and seniors, right below graduate courses.
>>
>>16601698
>part-time professor

So you're useless, right

liberal cuck can only get his kicks from making "kids" try to worship him to get a good score

I bet you joined BLM
>>
File: image.png (163 KB, 400x571) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163 KB, 400x571
>>16601620
>D+ in terrorism
>Bombs school
>>
>>16601620
I'm just proud you suck at Terrorism.

You’re welcome in my country anytime.
>>
>>16602069

/thread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.