[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else experience anhedonia (lack of interest in everything)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Anyone else experience anhedonia (lack of interest in everything)? How do you deal with this?
>>
I force myself to do something creative for at least ten minutes.
>>
>>16601457
what do you do with the rest of your time?
>>
yeah. i used to take nyquil all day and sleep 18 hours a day.

life was shitty back then. fuck that.
>>
I come to forchan in hopes of finding something extreme that takes my mind off for a few minutes :/
>>
>>16601452
liberals gotta have a name for everything
>>
I do what I want and find new things worth doing.
>>
>>16601462
Well usually I end up doing it for much more than ten minutes.

Sometimes I get really sad because I can't seem to make anything good, but recently when that happens I've been purposely trying to make something hilariously awful and that makes me feel good.

Wheb everythibg gets too "loud" though and it feels like i want to lay down on the floor and not move while also simultaneosly feeling anxious with my surroundings. When I feel like nothong will make me happy.

Thats when i get high or drunk and choose a single direction to walk in anf then when i find a "spot" (anywhere I feel less anxious) I write down all my thoughts frantically then tear it up and walk home.

But I'm kind of a weirdo
>>
>>16601492
how did you pull yourself out of that hole?
>>
File: Emanate.jpg (48 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
Emanate.jpg
48 KB, 550x368
Isn't anhedonia just a symptom of depression?
>>
>>16601524
made a change in my life. i realized i didn't want to do this anymore so i changed what i was unhappy about.

99% of people get trapped in a cycle where they believe that they cannot change their lives. you have to snap yourself out of that mindset and drastically change something. whether it's a job, going to school, whatever.
>>
#Hangtieten.Gelukkig kan ik de prullenbak legen.
>>
>smoke weed
>listen to music
>insert penis in vagina

You will feel the feels again in no time OP. Seriously though, I get depressive a lot and the best thing to do is just not think about anything too hard. Do something absolutely brainless while not coming to any real conclusions about anything. Eventually your brain will feel starved of stimuli and attempt to reset.
>>
Therapy
>>
>>16601978
For me that generally means rolling joints with my headphones in. Even if I don't plan to smoke them any time soon, it's a very methodical yet brainless activity. The goal here is not to allow your brain to dictate how you feel about things; really stand beside yourself for a moment and forget you are a person at all. And then when you come back you'll be like, aww fuck yeah there's food and sex and drugs and all sorts of things to dick away my time with!
>>
>>16601503
>tfw you are disappointed every time
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.