[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ is there any way to lock my bedroom door with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
hey /adv/ is there any way to lock my bedroom door with this doorknob?

>pic related

My roommate sometimes comes in and takes stuff without my permission. he always pays on time so I dont wanna kick him out. I can lock my door from the inside but not from the outside. So when I leave I cannot just lock the door
>>
Why can't you just ask him not to
>>
>>16600955
I already have but he still does it. I just wanna get a lock either way
>>
Or change the door knobs to ones with keys.
>>
step 1: open the door
step 2: lock the door while it is open
step 3: close the door behind you
step 4: doors locked

note: these locks are easily picked using q-tips and/or bobbypins.

advice: talk to your fucking roommate about getting his own shit. don't be a fucking pushover, and grown a fucking brain if you couldn't figure out how to lock a bedroom door.
>>
File: Z(3).jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
Z(3).jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>16600951
Buy one of those slidethings and screw it to the door
>>
>>16600958
regardless if he pays on time or not, if he cannot follow a simple rule/request, you need to find another roommate, a lot of people pay their rent on time...he ain't nothing special. what's next, he's gonna start using your toothbrush and dicking down your girlfriend even though you ask him not to?
>>
>>16600967
i mean no shit lol. I know I could do that but if he tried he could get open again.
>>
>>16600989
well change the door knob. or straight up put him on blast and tell him, its not cool and if he can't just leave your shit be, you guys need to make arrangements for someone to leave.

seriously. guy, this is common knowledge stuff. a door lock with a key is $12 at a department store.

he'll if he's your friend, gift exchange with him this Christmas and buy him whatever he keeps taking out of your room.
>>
>>16600970
that wouldnt help thats for locking from the inside
>>
>>16600951
That thing barely even counts as a lock. A straightened paper clip is all you need to pick it: there's a tiny button inside the hole, and you just push it straight in. It can take a little practice to find the button, since you can't see what you're doing, but with a little practice you should be able to get through in just a few seconds.

This, then, is one possible solution. Engage thw lock before you actually close the door, then shut it, and pick your way back in. After a few times this should take only slightly longer than using a key would. The downside is that your roommate might know this trick too.
>>
>>16600951
See that little hole in the end? Deep inside that hole is a standard screw head that acts as a method of locking/unlocking from the outside.
>>
Buy a door lock, the latch kind that you can lock with a pad lock. Or spray some foam inside of the handle. It could fuck up the handle though... I dunno
>>
File: Orthis.jpg (47 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
Orthis.jpg
47 KB, 500x323
Wait, can't you just buy this? You only need to drill a small hole in your door.
>>
No, unless you're gonna take the whole knob off and macgyver a different lock from the pin key instead of the poke-unlock feature in it.
>>
>>16600951
OP those kinds of doorknobs are a pathetic excuse of one. Unless your roommate doesn't have common sense these are sort of OK

let me answer your question:
1. while the door is open, press the locking button on the other side
2. close the door & leave
3. if you ever need to get back inside grab something as simple as a toothpick & stick it in the hole
4. when you feel that the toothpick is on something, push the toothpick further & you'll hear a click sound
5. the doorknob is unlocked & now you can freely access the room

I have this kind of doorknob in one of my rooms
>>
>>16601705
Yes, but the rommate can do the same thing, don't you think?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.