[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A close friend of mine was sexually abused at age twelve by someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sad shrek.png (196 KB, 311x279) Image search: [Google]
sad shrek.png
196 KB, 311x279
A close friend of mine was sexually abused at age twelve by someone who has gone on to live a relatively normal life and be financially successful in a way both of us could only dream of. She made me promise not to ever tell anyone because she doesn't want to ruin his life or her own. It's been seven years now, and I'm trying to convince her that this has to be dealt with because he could've hurt more people during this time and could hurt even more in the future. She doesn't see it that way, though. Am I wrong to try to convince her? Is this none of my business?

For reference, she has proof. Decade-old IM logs, for one thing. And I don't mean "copy-paste," I mean in the actual program. I haven't asked if she has photographic evidence because I feel like doing so would be overstepping my boundaries.
>>
Find him. And beat the shit out of him. Then post pics of the aftermath
>>
>>16600806
>she doesn't want to ruin his life or her own
leave it alone OP she gets to make the decision not you
>>
>>16600819
I'm not going to jail over this.

>>16600831
I know, that's the issue. She should get to make the decision. I want to honor her agency, but at the same time, I'm worried he's hurt more children in the time since.
>>
how old was he when he did it? how do you know he's not dealt with these issues?
>>
>>16600865
He was 23. He's 30 now, and she's 19. He could very well have dealt with these issues. She refuses to ever confront him, though.
>>
>>16600856
if he hurt more people, then those people also have the power to denounce him

trying to convince her can be dangerous imho, she might end up feeling guilty for not taking an action
>>
>>16600867
>She refuses to ever confront him, though.
well then step the fuck off
>>
>>16600856
>I'm worried he's hurt more children in the time since
worried isn't proof OP. She told you about this as a friend but also asked you to drop it as a friend. Drop it
>>
>>16600831
>leave it alone OP she gets to make the decision not you

Agree'd, been in a similiar situation from it before and chose that option. Walked away, it was her choice.

>>16600856
>I know, that's the issue. She should get to make the decision. I want to honor her agency, but at the same time, I'm worried he's hurt more children in the time since.

That's the problem, it never sat right with me either. Thing is, I knew the girl before it happened, and she changed - for the worse.
And if this fucker goes around doin' this shit alot, gettin' away with it - well fuck.

To be honest, I'm out of contact with people from my past, so I can't do shit. But OP, sounds like you know who this guy is right?

What is he gets caught for doin' this to others? She'll never know if maybe you tipped off the police next time he gets close to a kid. Or look into his past, to before this guy got your friend.

When watching crime shows, there is a reason they use the term "escalating". People like that tend to "test the waters", push boundaries to see if they get caught for something minor before tryin' something bigger. He won't have done it "just once".

He'll have escalated. Do some research and get in contact with girls he may have known when they were similar aged to your friend at the time (12). Ask them about him, and tell them that you are simply looking into him.

If I could go back in time, that's what I'd do. I'd want to respect my friends wishes not to get involved, but that's selfish. I absolutely should have sacrificed my friendship to prevent that from happening to others.
>>
>>16600806
You aren't wrong to try to convince her. Say something like 'He could be doing it right as we speak!' or something like that.
>>
If she refuses to do anything then it never happened and effects nothing.
>>
Op your friend is probably embarrassed... I'm... glad, you worry so much though. It's nice to know other people care, and try to protect us and treat us that way, despite what happened to us. So, whatever happens, thank you for that
>>
File: Work Hard.jpg (151 KB, 715x1100) Image search: [Google]
Work Hard.jpg
151 KB, 715x1100
>ITT closet pedos trying to get OP to be chill with other pedos.

OP, take the dumb bitch's laptop paste the logs to a pastebin and blog, then hand the laptop to the police, and give them the identity of the other man, so they can subpoena his laptop and prove that he is the other account.

FUCKING HURRY OP. Every second is a second that he could be molesting more children, you fuck.
>>
OP here. I convinced her to contact the dude's ex using a fake Facebook account to see if he's still engaging in "abuse." It's not the best plan, but it's the most action I could convince her to take.

>>16602470
That was my initial instinct, yes. But who knows what consequences that could have? For one thing, she's a second generation immigrant from the middle east. Her father supports Shariah law and might throw her out of the house after finding out she was tainted.
>>
>>16603783
I meant to type "throw her out of the house or worse." She genuinely believes her father would kill her, but I find that hard to believe, since he's had many years to assimilate and understands he can't get away with killing his own daughter.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.