[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1450840390338.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
1450840390338.png
46 KB, 376x401
It's tenth grade, is it too late to try?

Can I still be successful?
>>
Yes, go for it. Extracurriculars and community activities are most important if you're looking to go to college. If your grades are shit, just put that in the past and do the best you can for now. If some admissions guy or manager asks why you fucked around in high school, say you were depressed or something.
>>
>>16598804
Idk if depression is that good of an excuse.

Couldn't I just do well in 11-12.

What do universities even look at?
>>
>>16598825
ACT/SAT, GPA, and extracurricular are the most important. Just get 4.0s for these last 3 years, join some sports or clubs and you should be fine. Try to get plenty of college credit during high school too.
>>
>>16598798
Sure man. I honestly hope you consider more than just 'hurr college' as success though. I know 'hurr college' is all highschools push down your throats, but there is so much more.
>>
You must be 18 to use this website.
>>
>>16598825
Lpl universities love depression. Talk about academic anxiety and finding yourself in science or some shit.
>>
>>16598798
Tbph It would be abnormal if you started trying earlier than grade 10. If you start trying now, you are getting a headstart on at least 75% of people
>>
File: 1450737021102.jpg (547 KB, 1530x1935) Image search: [Google]
1450737021102.jpg
547 KB, 1530x1935
So what I'm hearing is that if during these last two terms and the rest of highschool I do well, I don't need to worry.
>>
>>16598798
>It's tenth grade, is it too late to try?
>Can I still be successful?

Yes you can still be successful. Right now there are numerous people with lower IQ and worse grades and more emotional issues than you who are only starting to be good at school in 10th grade, and a bunch of them are going to have really good futures. Go and be better than them. You have no excuse for failure.
>>
>>16599047
Yep. If you're in aus, nothing matters until year 11. Idk about the rest of the world but I cant see why it would be much different anywhere else. Trust me dude, If you start trying now, you will do well in life, I promise you. You honestly have nothing to worry about. I'm 21 and still have no idea what im doing, but neither do a lot of people I've talked to, and im not worried yet. You've still got the best years of your life to look forward to, so don't stress out too much about right now. I promise if you try now, you will get as far as want. Good luck bro, im honestly rooting for you
>>
>>16598798
>is it too late to try?

no you dumb shit. College is all that really matters anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.