[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone's Buddy, but nobody's first thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
How comes I cant find anyone to legit "care" about me?

It feels like I've got lots of people that like me. But nobody really "loves" me if you know what I mean.

I know Im a fun person to be around, everyone seems to think Im some sort of comic story telling prodigy, always have been, I like making people laugh.

I know Im a good friend, people invite me to things and get sad when I cant go. We have a good time together.

And Im an attractive guy. Not some sort of 6ft greek god attractive, but I got a cute face nice hair good physique and I try to dress well, so I do alright in the "hookup" department

But I know Im an emotional person. I like being emotional, expressive. Dramatic even.

But I cant quite seem to meet a girl that likes me and likes me enough to want to see me loads and stuff. Thats all I want. Someone texting me to tell me they miss me.

A relationship that doesnt involve me putting in 90% of the effort

I met a girl that we seemed to have these mutual attraction feelings towards each other the other week. Im 21, first time its happened to me

We went on a coffee date and then a proper date the week we met, really hit it off. Seemed like we could go really well together. Spent the night in her bed

Then she has to go home for a couple months for xmas, and tells me "I feel like we've become really real really fast" "Im not ready for anything emotional, its just too soon"

We texted each other back and forth over the last week or so but shes just at home doing her own thing.

Im over here And all I want is something real for once in my life. Try it out, see what proper companionship is like in a relationship.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
Bump whatever i aint sleepin now anyway
>>
>>16598630

I'm a girl and I'm in exactly the same situation. I don't have any good advice, but I empathize. Just keep swimming, anon!
>>
>>16598630

The only thing you can do is wait and stay on the lookout. She's out there.
>>
>>16598630

>I know Im a fun person to be around, everyone seems to think Im some sort of comic story telling prodigy, always have been, I like making people laugh.

This could be it. If you're the guy who's ALWAYS cracking jokes and trying to make people laugh, it kind of puts you at a distance from people. It's good to be funny, but everything in moderation. If you want people to take you seriously, you have to be serious sometimes.
>>
>>16598724

It sucks dont it? I mean the thing is, Im not depressed about it. I had pretty bad depression when I was younger and I had therapy and came out the other side stronger

I can be a happy, fulfilled person, just going about my day doing my thing.

But then as soon as you remind me that Im single and have never had a proper relationship, it kinda hits you and reminds you of how alone you are.

And like I said its not a sad sorta feeling that hits you. Its more sort of "Ok. Im still gonna cope and function, Im still gonna go gym. And go to work, and do my own thing. But god damn if that aint making it harder"
>>
>>16598734

I get how that might come across from my OP, but honestly thats not an issue. Honestly Im more worried about coming across as an overly emotional soppy git half the time
>>
>I like being emotional, expressive. Dramatic even.

Thing is mate, the girls you're into, don't want an emotional, expressive, dramatic guy. They want the alpha guy who would cheat and dump them in seconds.

Maybe change the type of girls you approach/like, you'll find what you want. Hit the library.
>>
>>16598754

I dont really have a type of girl I like though. I look at girls the same way I look at everything in life: Everythings got its own appeal, its own charm and quirks. So I dont have a type of girl. My type I guess is anyone "cute and nice that likes me"

I dont think I can just go to a library and suddenly there'll be this treasure trove of girls that are perfect for me
>>
>>16598767
You seem to be attracted to basic bitches, be it consciously and unconsciously.

Socialize more, don't be too soon to commit. You're giving the wrong girls too much attention.
>>
>>16598778

Basic bitches? What do you mean? I hate pretty plastic know nothing girls. Probably one type of girl I dont like at all.

I guess I like quirky girls more. Their personality attracts me more than anything

>Dont be too soon to commit

This has gotta be my biggest issue. But its so fucking hard. I go through these massive gaps of having not even kissed a girl for months on end, and I've literally never not been single.

So when someone comes along and they like me and I like them, how can I not get excited? I cant help it
>>
>>16598767

Don't listen to the anon who is advising you to be alpha. The alpha/beta theory has no basis in reality anywhere outside of 4chan.
>>
>>16598803

Even if it did ring true I dont think its relevant here anyway. Im not a weenie. I take charge when the situation demands it. I make the first move on girls, Stand up straight shoulders back, project confidence all that jazz

Its just that Im not an asshole to girls. Never have been. Im kind, complimentary, make sure they know I care. I just think that comes across as too fast or too strong to girls

But then what can I do? I dont have another speed I'm just being me
>>
>>16598801
You have two ways to address this fucking problem of yours.
1. Change the type of girls you like, find the ones that are into that sort of affection you're going to give them

2. Change your attitude, be alpha (take charge, rarely compliments them, dont give them so much attention).

Basic bithes like the ones you like, wants what they cannot get. The more attention you give them, the more they drive away.

>>16598803
It does when the girls you are attracted to are basic bitches. (OP case)
>>
>>16598823

Why do you keep bringing up basic bitches? Who are basic bitches?

Because if we're thinking of the same girl I can promise you I have never liked a basic bitch in my life, let alone tried to date one
>>
>>16598829
>>16598823

And besides, I do take charge. I make decisions, I do "alpha" shit. I just dont do asshole shit. In the same way I'd feel like shit if I kicked my dog, I wouldn't ignore a girl while dating her. Or not tell her how pretty she looks when she gets dressed up

Shit sometimes it just slips out. Like we're kissing her and I run my hand up her thing and just tell her how nice her legs are.

I cant help it. I've always thought "Give credit where credit is due". I guess because when I was younger and lacked confidence in myself a compliment meant the actual world to me. So i try to compliment others to make them feel good
>>
>>16598834

Run my hand up her thigh*
>>
>>16598829
>>16598834
Stacies, the ones who does most of these following:
>"all guys are the same"
>wants only Chad Thundercock
>whines when Chad cheats and dumps them
>friendzones good guys
>complains when Chad doesnt give them attention
>dumps a guy who gives them too much attention/affection (you)

If you still dont understand this fuck off. Socialize more, stop being a fucking beta or go after the cute innocent ones you will probably get in a fucking library.

I have always lived by this
>find the girl you like at the place you want her to frequent
Supermarket? Library?
>>
Most people aren't ready to take on the weight of your problems because they're looking for someone to take theirs. Its rare to meet somebody who's ready and able to help you deal with your shit. You are not entitled to one though, and you kinda gotta care for yourself. Not to the exclusion of other people, just be aware that most of the heavy lifting when you're dealing with stuff is gonna be done by you and not the people you get support from.
>>
>>16598846

I have literally never dated a girl like the one you're describing. Sounds like you're projecting something fierce

The girl I went out with is a cute chipmunk looking girl with confidence issues who's a grade 8 on the piano and went to an all girls school and wasnt part of the popular clique.

So yeah, fuck off with your alpha beta rationale because it means nothing outside of 4chan
>>
>>16599502

I get that, but Im not looking for someone to share the burden of my problems. Ive got problems like anyone does, but Ive come a long ass way in bettering myself and working on my issues myself.

What I want is a partner to share the good shit with so happy times dont always feel like some kind of hollow victory
>>
>>16598630
I know how you feel anon, I'm told very frequently that I am a handsome and attractive man but hookups is like the furthest things go and I'm honestly tired if it, I always catch emotions for people and then there done and it's not like I'm crazy or anything people just don't want relationships. I hate the way our society is structured where hookups are meta over some real connection it's really starting to get to me cause I want something with depth, I want someone who genuinely loves me and can't wait to see me. But as others have said amon just keep looking you deserve better than a hookup don't convince yourself otherwise.
>>
>>16598630

I'm going to cut it short, and I hate using these two terms, but the solution is simple. You are very 'beta' and you need more 'alpha' qualities.

And don't worry about it too much, you are only 21, you will eventually grow out of it. Most guys are like this until they snap out of it around your age.

First off, my advice is for the other Billion guys who are in your situation, is to ignore her completely for awhile. Don't reply to any of her texts, calls, etc. Every girl will fall for this and wonder where you are. You need to be a mystery and not be available. EVERY. SINGLE. GIRL. will come crawling back to you. Turn the tables.

Do the same with your friends. Be unavailable, take hours or even a day to return their texts. Be the guy who is hard to get ahold of, but when you guys do hang out, you are the ball of energy in the room that everyone gravitates towards while not giving a fuck about anything. And quit being afraid to be alone for awhile. Loners have an advantage over everybody in society. We have all the power.

That's all for now, but look up sites that teach you to develop masculine, alpha traits. That's what you need right now.

Good luck!
>>
I got my first "proper" relationship at 24. Too many people who want companionship seem to be looking for some easy way to make things work with one specific person they already have their eyes on. It sucks, but you just have to keep meeting people.
You can only say you're doing something wrong if you have absolute proof that you were both right for each other. And that's not something even possible to know. Sometimes people aren't ready for relationships. Sometimes they get scared. Sometimes they overthink things. It's only your fault if you think you have complete control over the other person's feelings.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.