[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouse in the house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>Cat brings live mouse into the house
>Try to take the mouse from the cat
>Fail, the mouse escapes
>Eventually the mouse squeezes behind the skirting under the sink and cupboards
>Remove skirting, mouse nowhere to be seen
>Cat keeps looking at the last place she saw the mouse, won't search under the sink
>Kitchen full of food because Solstice Celebrations
What do?
Pic related: the stupid cat in question
>>
The cat is just as confused as you are, dipshit.

You tried to take the mouse. The cat probably thinks you're a fucking dumb fuck. Which you are, by the way.
>>
>>16598308
Been that, my cat brought alive mouse to our kitchen and casually let her go. Mes parents moved around furniture but it didn't help, so the mouse lived in our kitchen for about three months. Then one day my mum found her in a cupboard under the sink and caught her in a jar.

I would however say - buy mice trap
>>
>>16598315
What would you have done in this situation?
>>
>>16598308
You don't need to tell the cat to get the mouse nor should you let your cat outdoors. When the little bugger pops out your pussy will get it.
>>
>>16598345
Are you offering to clean the litter box for me?
>>
File: 413PAX6nhpL._SY300_.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
413PAX6nhpL._SY300_.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>16598447
if a litter box is too much to ask in exchange for a cat that will live a longer, healthier, less stressful life that isn't contributing a lot of extra issues for others, you're a really lazy owner

and the only thing you can really do is wait or get a trap like pic related. any other type of trap poses too much risk to your cat as well. the chance of your cat finding and killing it on her own is extremely small
>>
>>16598948
Yes, I value my own wellbeing over that of my cat's, anything else would be inanity.

There are plenty of other outdoor cats in the neighbourhood and they've never caused me any 'issues'. What exactly do you mean by that?
>>
>>16599590
>my own health
do you think you clean a litterbox by licking it or something?

they're extremely destructive to the local ecosystem and classed as extremely invasive, they're responsible for the extinction of two avian species as well and kill more animals than cars and wind turbines combined. they shit in other people's yards, climb into car engines to stay warm (I've worked at an emergency vet, the number of cats brought in because of this was depressing), bring down property value, and are almost the entirety of the population of cats entering shelters, even if they end up getting RTO, which costs taxpayers a lot of money. plus if your cat jumps into a yard with someone's dog and that dog attacks your cat, there's a good chance that dog will be euthanized due to technically being a level 4 or 5 PDD. none of these situations would happen if people kept their cats inside. not to mention many are absolute morons and let their cats outside while unfixed

it's absolutely ridiculous people think it's acceptable to let their PET roam unattended outside of their property. you keep horses/cows/goats in a stable/field, you keep rabbits in a hutch, and you keep dogs in a yard. cats aren't any different and are YOUR pets, so they should stay on YOUR property

they can easily have a lifespan of 15 to almost 20 years, most people with outdoor cats don't know this cause their lifespan is less than half. and your own "health" would be better too, considering the endless list of parasites and diseases that cat is potentially bringing into your home

there's a reason just about every vet, behaviorist, or anyone else who works with animals says to keep your damn cats inside
>>
>>16600302
But spending five minutes dealing with cat poop every few days is too much for poor anon, don't you realize?
>>
>>16600311
I know, its lazy as hell

I work at a shelter that has to process DOA domestic animals the city picks up. in the last four years being there, we've had ONE dog. all the rest are cats, at least two or three a week. then we post found ads and hope an owner comes forward to claim the body. the sad part is, almost none of them even seem surprised, it's like they just expect their 3 or 4 year old cat to just die like that. a few ask about adopting a kitten before they even leave the damn building, cause they just see the cats as cheap and interchangeable. many don't even want to deal with the body and just tell us to put in in the communal cremation with all the others. it's damn sad
>>
>>16598308
>Pic related: the stupid cat in question
But anon, you're the stupid one here for letting the food escape.
>>
>>16600386
And knowing all this, you still let your cat outside? If you only have one cat litter box maintenance is incredibly minimal. Shaving years off of your cat's life because you can't handle taking a few minutes out of your day to change a goddamn litter box is a lot more than just laziness.
>>
>>16600493
the two main reasons I hear are

>but I don't want to clean the litterbox/play with them
which is just laziness and quite honestly neglectful, people like this just shouldn't have a cat, or any pet really

>muh cat is natural hunter must b free
which is a load of bull and absolute anthropomorphism. cats are domestic PETS, they aren't meant to be outside on their own like that

not to mention how easily the cat will get fucked up. working in the e-vet, the thing we saw most often were injured outdoor cats. poisoned, beat up by wild animals/other cats, cut up in car fan belts (in the winter outdoor cats many times hide under car hoods for warmth), attacked by dogs, asshole humans, diseases, flea/tick infestations, hit by car, you name it. it was depressing as fuck. a lot of the people would just patch the cat up, and bring them back in a couple months later when it inevitably happened again. it's like they either can't learn or don't care about their pet, or both, most likely. so much money and energy wouldn't be wasted on TNR programs either
>>
File: 2013-07-09 04.57.39.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-09 04.57.39.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Update: I located the mouse again in the cupboard under the sink. It had gotten in there via a hole cut for the purpose of allowing the sink to be properly plumbed. I allowed the cat to hop into the cupboard but the mouse managed to evade her. I cleared out the cupboard, disturbing the mouse and causing it to jump out. It skittered around my feet for a while before spotting another gap in the skirting and heading back under the sink. Once again, I removed the skirting and once again the mouse was nowhere to be seen. I placed a large mouse trap baited with chocolate in the space and replaced the skirting.

>>16600302
>do you think you clean a litterbox by licking it or something?
Dealing with animal faeces none of the time is less dangerous than dealing with it some of the time.

>they're extremely destructive to the local ecosystem and classed as extremely invasive
Cats have been here for over a millennium - that ship has sailed, circumnavigated the globe and rotted into nothingness.
>>
>>16600828
>Dealing with animal faeces none of the time is less dangerous than dealing with it some of the time
>not realizing there's a higher chance of your cat bringing something nasty inside on her fur or her contracting fucking rabies than you getting something from scooping her box
>being this much of a pussy
you may want to reevaluate the concept of owning a pet. shit is part of the deal, that goes for any animal. if you can't deal with that, you're likely not mature enough for a pet

>Im an apathetic shit that knows nothing about invasive species or ecosystems or how outdoor cats fuck things up for cities
>ignoring everything else you have no justification for
if you were gonna be this dense, you could have said so earlier
>>
>>16600969
I can deal with shit. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy dealing with it.

>if you were gonna be this dense, you could have said so earlier
It seems you are the one being dense, assuming that a species can be universally classified as invasive.
>>
>>16601788
>I can deal with shit. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy dealing with it.
No one "enjoys" dealing with cat shit. If you can deal with it, then maybe you should.

Well you obviously don't give a shit about your cat, don't cry too much when it gets mauled to death or run over in a few years.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.