[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impending break up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: temp.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
In a few hours, I'm going to meet my soon-to-be-ex boyfriend, in which he will almost certainly officially break up with me. It's supposed to be a dinner date.

So what should I do to prepare? I have right now:
> watch boring Youtube videos so I get into an analytic, rational, non-emotional mood so I don't cry too much
> waterproof eye makeup so it doesn't smudge when I cry
> box of tissues in my car
> eye drops
>>
>>16597571
Why don't you break up with him first? Beat him to the punch.
>>
>>16597571
Why is he leaving ya?
>>
>>16597573
It's a few hours, it doesn't matter at this point.

>>16597575
He wants a casual relationship, I want a serious long term relationship
>>
>>16597571
If he's breaking up with you, you're either a hog, or unbearable to be around. Since he's taking you out to dinner to break up, I'm guessing that he's kind of a sap. I'm going to ignore the hog option as the solution is obvious.

So, if you're really into him. Suck his dick after dinner, have some wild sex, then don't talk for a while. Don't worry, he'll be back. In the meantime, take some time to get to know yourself, reflect on the past and get some input from a trusted source. Good luck soldier.
>>
>>16597580
My second response, soldier.
If you want a good long-term relationship, let him fool around, you're both young right? If you really want his heart, you gotta hang around and grow on him a while, while not giving him too much shit.
>>
>>16597585
>>16597593
I don't want to hang around with a guy with has explicitly told me he can't commit to me, much less suck his dick
>>
>>16597618
You obviously do, he doesn't want to commit because you're pressuring him, so it no longer feels voluntary. He's seeing you out of loyalty and obligation, let him be free, but give him something to remember you by.
>>
>>16597623
Why do I want him to remember me?
>>
Pretty devilish to go out for dinner though, probably to stop you from crying or making a scene. I bet you're still not going to pay for your food, if you guys even do eat.

>how to prepare
Aren't you sad? You could cry it all out now, so there's no tears for later.
>>
>>16597626
You like this guy right?
>rhetorical
You're preparing for the breakup in an emotional manner. If your goal is to have him commit to you, you'll need him to come back to you at some point.
>>
>>16597632
Devilish? Shut the hell up, it's a weak move to shut down the emotional response. My money would say he's broken up with her non-explicitly in conversation already, and now just wants to slash and burn.
Fight or flight, and he's choosing flight
>>
>>16597571
You'll be fine. We all go through this bs. He'll give you the typical run around of " you're awesome and hot, but this is only my _ relationship & I don't know what I want blah blah blah". Try your best not to give him the satisfaction of crying in front of him, you know that already I'm sure. He's taking you out for dinner so that he can make himself feel better/try to get you to act like a robot and not say anything you're feeling since you'll be in public.

After the break up exercise like crazy, pour yourself into work/school, go have fun for a month. After the month is up go out and meet new men, avoid rebounds bc rebounds make women feel like shit after, and pick one from them that's going to give you that long term relationship. And try to pick one that is not like your ex bf obviously.

This is what we learn from our past relationships: don't date that type of person ever again.
>>
>>16597634

Jesus mate relax. If he was flighting he'd text or just disappear. He's facing her face to face and reducing any fallout as much as possible.

>slash and burn
What.
>>
>>16597633
My goal isn't to have him commit to me. It's not going to happen. He's already said so. My goal is not not be a crying mess at dinner at the "official" break up.
>>
>>16597645
My point exactly, it's honorable what he's doing, but he doesn't want to hear her out if she gets riled up.
>spoiler: she is

>slash and burn
Sabotage the relationship, end it, completely, and walk away
>>
>>16597642
Thanks, I'll try my best, anon-senpai
>>
>>16597652
I'm literally telling you how to prove him wrong. If you go expecting it to be over, guess what?

>crying mess

Be optimistic and be a positive person in his life, instead of the emotional, bitter mess you're on the verge of becoming.
>>
>>16597699
I don't even know if you're rusing or not. He won't be convinced "aha, anonette is awesome, I'll commit to her!" like that.

That's the road to being the hanger-on gf of 14 years that he breaks up with, and then proposes and marries a new girl within 6 months.
>>
>>16597699
Besides, I'm about to become a non-entity in his life. Yes, that means no blowjobs or positive interactions with the gf, but that's what a break up entails.
>>
>>16597709
Not rusing, as I said, you gotta grow on him.

See other men in the down time, see if you can do better.

Also, how long have you been together?
>>
>>16597723
I'm going to cut him out of my life, so no, I'm not going to "grow on him."

He's already had 6 months to decide
>>
>>16597716
That's an emotional/childish response
You've had good times with him right?
He doesn't want to fuck only you anymore (a biological trait men have anyway) so you just pack up and cut him out of your life?
You're already bitter, someone in your past fucked up bad, I hope you can turn it around.
>>
>>16597738
No contact is the best practice when it comes to exes. 99% of the time, keeping exes in your life has negative consequences.
>>
>>16597732
6 months!? That's it?
Good god girl, you're expectations are whacked. Long-term relationships take years, hun. It takes a year just to get to know someone, if you're rushing into a relationship like that you'll get burned, EVERY TIME.
>>
>>16597749
You're just saying what someone else told you, or projecting from a bad experience. Almost all of my exes are still in my life, and their advice is priceless. because of what I've learned through them, the issues in relationships that I used to have, aren't passed on to the next girl, and I'm happier because of it.
>>
>>16597752
He's telling me he can not commit to a long term relationship.

I'm going to do something crazy, and believe him. I'm not going to do something like, assume that he secretly means that he can commit if I hang around/change him/etc.
>>
>>16597593
>If you want a good long-term relationship, let him fool around, you're both young right?
>you're both young

Oh boy
>>
>>16597761
I'm speaking from past experience as well. I cut my exes from my life.
>>
>>16597764

If he doesn't want a long term relationship then he doesn't want one. Let him go sleep around and you can move on with your life.

It's his problem. No real problem here.
>>
>>16597766
Meaning she's not in hurry to race her biological clock, but go ahead and simplify what I'm saying.
>>
>>16597779
>biological clock

Another nice meme
>>
I know the answer give your swollen face boyfriend an ice pack. He's totally gay. Then give him an ice pack for his butthole. There's probably alot of dick traffic/ you're about to slide a shovel up his ass as a goodbye present.
>>
>>16597764
Because it's biological, and he's choosing to tell you that because he wants his goddamn space, because you're making him think about marriage after only 6 fucking months of dating. See what I mean? You're not making him out to be a bad guy, just handle business and have some fun during the separation.
>>
>>16597790

I didn't see OP mention anything about marriage.
>>
>>16597794
>long term relationship
>commitment

The themes are all there, and if he can't get with other girls, what's their endgame?

>life together
As if marriage never crossed his or her minds
>>
>>16597802

A long term relationship doesn't necessarily mean it will resort to marriage although that's usually the ideal.

If someone wants to be in a relationship that will last longer than a summer fling they're not trying to "tie you down."

You're trying to make OP out to be a psycho bitch when really this dude just wants to be able to stick his dick in as many vaginas as he can. They both want different things so they should just go each other's separate ways because if they stay together he'll end up cheating and she'll end up being disappointed.
>>
>>16597794
>>16597790
This anon is right, the endgame is marriage
>>16597802

Frankly, I don't have the emotional desire for casual relationships. The endless cycle of getting together, breaking up, getting together, breaking up, etc. I simply don't want to deal with it.

Some people like that, and it's okay. Some people don't, and it's also okay.
>>
>>16597820
In the end we all want someone to be our #1 but it's gonna take a lot of shit to find that person.

You're alright OP, but there's still much more for you to learn. My last tip for you: any decent man is gonna know how to take care of women, and other women are gonna like that. You're going to have to prove yourself, just as the guy will. But if a guy is completely committed to you right away, he's nothing but a bad fisherman.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.