[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GENERAL: Become slightly less beta (BETA version)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 960x699) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 960x699
How may we advice you?

Tell us your specific predicaments. The more details, the better we'll be able to answer. No one-liners. Let's build some attraction!
>>
File: 1450594356275.jpg (301 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450594356275.jpg
301 KB, 1600x1200
Simple, stop being beta scum
>>
File: NewKakyoin.jpg (121 KB, 387x452) Image search: [Google]
NewKakyoin.jpg
121 KB, 387x452
The way I stopped being beta. I used to stutter, trip over myself and be awkward as hell. This is definitely not a one size fits all routine and things kinda fell into place at points.

>new haircut, clothes, straighten out hours and excercise
>get customer service job and learn to get shit, haze newbies and socialize
>start to slowly befriend coworkers so you can go out more
>get hobbies you love and can discuss
>gain practical skills (auto repair, cooking, etc)
>if still in school take classes on public speaking or speech and learn how not to shit your pants around people
>participate in class discussion more often, take charge if a group project appears
>learn to stand ground, debate and not be a doormat

I have more friends now and actually I am the most cheerful, social guy out of my friends. You won't climb the mountain in a day but it's possible.
>>
>>16597377
>haze newbies
Stop trying to get this man fucked up.
>>
I can never get past being just friends with girls. Ill have a genuine interest in them and either they reject me because they see me as just a friend (which is fine to a point, but id actually like a relationship) or i dont say anything because i dont know how to start a conversation without thinking about how creepy im being or thinking about how even if anything did happen between us, id just fuck it all up anyway.I cant even ask for a girls number when im fucking drunk.. three examples: Met a girl first semester of uni, she seemed really cool and sort of into me. I talked with her for a bit but had trouble initiating conversations and didnt know how to ask her out because i didnt feel like we knew each other well enough or some shit. Two: Met a girl at a small dorm party where everybody was pretty drunk. We were talking and she kept touching me but i didnt know what to do and before i knew it, i was already back in my dorm. Last example: met a girl junior year of high school. we were pretty good friends and then stopped talking for a couple months but reconnected. i told her how i felt and long story short, she said no. The thing was we had so many common interests and philosophies and she felt so similar on an intellectual and spiritual level. fuck me im so god damn autistic
>>
>>16597242

used to be smaller than my peers and always got bullied, started training martial arts became fit and confident.
>>
>>16597423

??

Maybe the term hazing wasn't correct or I worded it incorrectly. Learn to roll with the punches and be able to jokingly mess with people.

At that job it was never anything awful, but getting hazed when green and hazing someone taught me to not take everything seriously, evetybody gets shit and some horsing around is okay. When I was a self-conscious kid I'd take everything personally and snapped at people. Knowing when to laugh it off is a skill.
>>
>>16597497
Nah fuck that. You haze me and you're gonna get that ass beat.
>>
File: really_small_foamy_beer.jpg (45 KB, 312x393) Image search: [Google]
really_small_foamy_beer.jpg
45 KB, 312x393
Hey guys. today I installed a 960 on my computer and everything was working fine until I moved my computer. I was playing a game on it where I installed it and then once I moved it back to my house im getting no screen at start up. All of the wiring seems to be fine and drivers are all installed. Literally everything was perfect until I moved it.
>>
OP here. Sorry guys, I was offline for a few hours after realising this thread wasn't an instant hit. I find myself repeating a lot of things when I comment on threads related to the subject, especially about succeeding with women, so I figured I'll give creating a general a try. We'll see how it goes.

>>16597377
Good going anon. You're absolutely right, it takes time and patience.

>>16597454
If that's all it takes for you, keep at it.
>>
>>16597448
I suspect that your conversational skills are what's primarily holding you back. You need to be able to hold a conversation like a man in order to achieve mentionable thing with girls. That means 1) You want to be asking questions in order to get them talking. 2) Responding to what they say in a way that a) Make them think you're a good listener and b) You aren't just a yes man, but know how to challenge them. If something is unclear, counter intuitive or just strange (according to your values), you'll question it, not just nod along. You might even want to shame them slightly (Ex.: No, I don't believe you! You didn't do that, come on!), which will have them trying to prove themselves to you. See it as a kind of investment on their part. If they're thinking/experiencing themselves that they seek approval, that automatically means you're a man they want approval from. and 3) Build attraction! This is done with a mix of conversation and body language (important to note that this include eye contact/movement, and your ability to read this.)

In you first example you should've simply kept at it and either ask for her number and tell her you'll call her and ask her out at some point, suggest you do something at a specific date then and there, when you where talking.

In your second example you should've definately escalated things that evening, bringing her back to your place, or you could've done one of the above, if you didn't feel like leaving the party talking to other people. (Don't drink too much if you want to get with a girl.)

In you third example your worse mistake was to immediately jump to the conclusion that telling her how you felt would get you anywhere. Instead you should use your intel about her interests to spur a friendly relationship as a restart. From there, you could build a connection without being completely friendzoned. Light flirting, maybe asking her to join you for events, without coming across as I WANT TO DATE YOU straight away.
>>
>>16597566
>good natured ribbing
>"I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Sure, sure tough guy. You enjoy life with that stick up your ass. I've known guys like you and nobody really likes pricks with anger issues.
>>
>>16597901
>>16597566
>>16597497
>>16597423

Either way, rolling with the punches is a good way of phrasing it. However, there's more to becoming alpha than being tough and one of the boys. You need to recognise when to put someone straight without being an asshole about it, as well as recognising when to be supportive. Be an all around good guy. It's all about being able to control your environment and get what you want. Sometimes you don't need to be 'above' other people, just be in control, and that means sometimes it's better to give other people the satisfaction of feeling in control as well. If you provide that to them, they won't know how they got it, and you can easily take it away again, if they go against you. Do the things you need to do in order to always understand why and how you are in the position you find yourself in, and how to keep that position, or how get out of it if you need to.
>>
Stop jacking off and read the Multi Orgasmic Man. Aka the guide to being beta.

google the pdf. it changed my life.
>>
>>16598005
Woops, meant Guide to being alpha.

It's not really called that. It's titled The Multi-Orgasmic Man: Sex Secrets Every Man Should Know.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.