[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a very pretty, but really shy girl, where do I meet guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 234234222.gif (496 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
234234222.gif
496 KB, 500x367
As a very pretty, but really shy girl, where do I meet guys? I'm doing online dating right now and I'm getting a lot of attention, but I'm kind of terrified of all of the men on there and I'd really much rather meet someone IRL.
>>
How do you know you're very pretty?
>>
>>16596850
Because it's not hard to tell when you're objectively attractive? And I've been told many, many times.
>>
>>16596850
Uhh... that's online dating. You meet someone online, and if you like each other, you arrange to meet in real life. What's difficult about that?
>>
>>16596875
I don't want to online date anymore. All of the guys are obviously super desperate for female attention and I feel really weird being this gatekeeper for sexual validation and affirmation.

I'd much rather like something to form naturally, but I'm really shy and don't know how to make friends.
>>
>>16596871
post your picture
>>
>>16596903
yeah fucking right
>>
>>16596887
Yeah online is fucked. And in some ways guys might be afraid to approach you if you are super pretty. Maybe a group like a book club.
>>
Stop the online "dating" thing. It won't work. Is there an instance where you are already meeting guys? Work, school, family friends, hobbies,...?
>>
>>16596887

>All of the guys are obviously super desperate for female attention and I feel really weird being this gatekeeper for sexual validation and affirmation

That's pretty much how it goes IRL, too.
>>
>>16596920
Well, I have terrible RBF and I've been told I look and give off unapproachable body language.

I'm mostly just working and going to school, so I see males on the regular but never in situations that is appropriate for the formation of friendship/closeness. I don't really have time for a club unfortunately.

>>16596921
Yeah, I mean I met my ex on OKC but it's changed since the last time I've been on and it's way... more desperate and sad, almost. I go to school and work. There's a guy I'm interested in who just graduated, but I don't know how to make that happen because we don't talk that often.

>>16596936
Yeah, I know, but there's a difference between real life, inter-personal human relationships between men and women, and then online dating where you're just looking at someone's face and going, "no, no, no, no, maybe, no, no, eh, no." I hate that.
>>
>>16596887
You must be using crap sites or for some reason attract only creeps. There are plenty of normal, well-adjusted people on dating sites.
>>
>>16596946
Yeah, it has detoriatet into a pit of attentionwhores and thirsty guys with uncountable issues.

Ah well! Now we're talking girl. So, you already have a target. Where's the problem? Can you describe the circumstances you last interacted with him?
>>
I guess you're going to have to loosen up a little. Is there a guy you have your eye on? Learn about him a little bit.
>>
>shy
>hot

Literally just have a few drinks and go to a guy its that fucking simple, no single guy will ever reject you.
>>
>>16596971
OKC is what I'm using

>>16596973
Well, last spring we were in a really small, tight-knit class together where we became close. We also went on a trip to see a band together with another friend from that class in another state.

The last time we spoke I was in a relationship with my long-term boyfriend, but he knew that I was looking to get out. We ran into each other a few times over the fall semester, but he is now graduated. We haven't spoken in maybe a month or less.

>>16596974
Probably so. How do I do that...

>>16596981
Well, I'm niche attractive. Like pixie, kawaii short girl, so when I go out to bars, most of the guys there probably wouldn't approach me.
>>
File: 1404837242608.png (182 KB, 261x249) Image search: [Google]
1404837242608.png
182 KB, 261x249
>>16596903
okay
>>
>>16596850
Go outside. If you get attention on the web, you will get it out there as well. More confident men will come up to you but don't make it seem like you are too shy because we pick up on that.
>>
>>16596887
Find a place to make friends online regardless of gender. Ignore the female ones and talk to the male ones.
>>
>>16596990
> "niche" attractive
> Very pretty
Pick one. and only one. you are probably average or above average. but even if you were below average looking all you have to do is not be fat and most guys will go for you. Just walk up and strike up a conversation. If you suck at conversation just get them to talk about themselves.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151223-151822.png (587 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151223-151822.png
587 KB, 1440x2560
You've all done been had. Why do you fucks not have any cognitive ability to identify a shit post? Fucking scrubs
>>
Hot girl? You should be getting approached by guys. You don't have to do anything.
>>
File: kind of.jpg (97 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
kind of.jpg
97 KB, 500x727
>>16597436
This is very similar to what I look like, minus the septum and colored hair.

>>16597517
No, this was a legitimate advice thread. Sorry you are confused.

>>16597543
I don't really know, I look really bitchy a lot of the time I think.
>>
>>16597549
If you look bitchy, try to smile more often.
If others aren't approaching you, show some initiative and make the first move. Guys fucking love it when a women puts in the effort to approach. It's such a rare thing.
Sounds like you can easily have things work in your favour.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.