[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Grades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: pff.jpg (61 KB, 1280x610) Image search: [Google]
pff.jpg
61 KB, 1280x610
So I'm done with finals, 1 A 3 B's.

Not so bad, the problem is my father, he wants me to get all Aces in everything.

Yes I am responsible for these grades and it's actually good but my dense motherfucking father doesn't appreciate my work, he'll say good but he won't mean it, he have every right to get mad because at the end he is the one paying for the fees but still, I worked hard to get these grades

Since I found out I still didn't tell him and feeling depressed because I hate it every time he gets made and shit.

What should I do?
>>
>he have every right to get mad because at the end he is the one paying for the fees

If you can't meet his conditions, tell him to stop paying or shut up.
>>
>>16596677
My dad is the same way, and I'm in the same situation you are.

Honestly, since he is paying, he has every right to know your grades and feel however he wants to feel about them. Telling him to fuck off jeopardizes your funding and not telling him is going to piss him off if he finds out.

DESU, your best route is to tell him and then just accept his getting angry and work harder next semester. 1 A and 3Bs isn't terrible, but honestly isn't that great either.
>>
>>16596723
>Honestly, since he is paying, he has every right to know your grades and feel however he wants to feel about them. Telling him to fuck off jeopardizes your funding and not telling him is going to piss him off if he finds out.

You're going to have decide if being emasculated and emotionally blackmailed is worth saving a little bit of money. You're actually being infantilized by not paying yourself, too.
>>
>>16596730

>You're actually being infantilized by not paying yourself, too.

By avoiding years and years of student loan debt? Man, you take a good thing when it's offered to you, it gives so much more freedom post-graduation. It's worth a few awkward conversations with your dad.
>>
>>16596740

The good thing is actually working yourself to pay your bills. You'll be much happier in the long run.
>>
Grades don't matter for 95% of degrees.
I've known more people that ditched college due to stress than those that failed to get jobs because of bad grades.
>>
>>16596730
>You're actually being infantilized by not paying yourself, too.

And you're a fucking idiot if you're so prideful that you refuse to accept free money to get yourself an almost unattainably expensive education.

Sorry, but drowning in years and years of debt for a degree won't make you happier than coming out of college, debt-free, with a degree. Get real.
>>
>>16596764

Being independent and masculine isn't about being arrogant or prideful, it's about being a fully actualized human being. If you're still hanging on the approval of your parents as an adult, you're doing everything wrong.
>>
>>16596768
>drowning in crushing debt is masculine
God millennials are so fucking stupid. Enjoy your regret
>>
>>16596768
There is a huge difference between paying rent on time and buying an education most adults can't even afford.
>>
>>16596677
Its time to grow up, OP. Your father is paying for your education, yes, but you're the one doing the work. You have a few options: stop caring what your dad thinks, stand up to your dad and tell him off, start paying for your own schooling, or continue to feel like shit for not getting straight A's.

The choice in yours, OP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.