[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let's say a woman starts showing signs of interest. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1444025945766.png (957 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
1444025945766.png
957 KB, 1152x768
So let's say a woman starts showing signs of interest. How do you proceed from here?
>>
Ask her out
>>
>>16595857
So let's say I invite her to a movie/restaurant/whatever. What do I do next? Obviously visiting some public place together doesn't turn her into your girlfriend.
>>
>>16595864
Go out a few times. When you feel it's right and want to make it official just ask her if she would like to be your gf.

Don't over think this shit.
>>
File: 1444572843361.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1444572843361.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>>16595870
I'm not overthinking it, it just doesn't come spontaneously because I have an autism diagnosis.

How do I even know if the woman in question knows that I'm taking her out with the goal of establishing a romantic relationship? What if I ask her to be my girlfriend, and it would come to her as a huge surprise, since she thought we were "hanging out" as friends, and not "going out" as potential romantic partners?
>>
>>16595881
Use the word date or the phase "go out with me". Don't ever ask to hang out.
"Hey (insert name here). Do you want go to X to do Y with me on (insert day here)." It's very obvious that it's a date and not friends just chilling.
>>
>>16595856
>so let's say a woman starts showing signs of interest

what's that all about?
>>
>>16595931
Gonna second this one. Use the phrase "date" or "go out" to make it explicit. Just assume that she won't pick up on any "hints" you give. She'll say yes or no, but at least she won't freak out later and be like "OMG I thought we were just hanging out as friends".

Just be polite and gentle and it should be fine.
>>
File: 1445433930880.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
1445433930880.png
112 KB, 297x282
>>16595931
>>16595954
A woman asked me to go to a cafeteria and have a lunch together, and we did so. Does it mean she asked me on a date (and I technically went on a date, without realizing it)?
>>
>>16595985
I wouldn't assume that was a date. I've asked my guy friends to go grab food in between classes with me, and I didn't mean it anymore than just eating food and chatting.
>>
>>16595856
Kick her in the nuts
>>
>>16596002
Then how does one differentiate between a date and "grabbing food"/"hanging out"? As far as I know, normal people say "do you want to go to X with me" when inviting someone on a date.
Or am I wrong about this? Do normal people say "do you want to go out on a date with me"?
>>
>>16596011
You look that cunt right in the eye and you say, "GO'ON, GIT! YOU HEARD ME!", then stomp your foot to show dominance.
>>
>>16596011
The most boiled down way I can describe a date vs just hanging out/grabbing food is if that person would do it rather or not you're there. For example if my guy friend said no to grabbing lunch between classes I would've gotten the same food at the same place at the same time anyways.

My SO asked me out using the word date. I don't know if it's the norm but people do use it. I highly recommend using the word date because it makes your intentions known off the bat and there is no room for her to not understand what you mean.
>>
File: 1439560320326.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1439560320326.png
96 KB, 332x333
>>16596045
What if they contacted you a few days before, asked you if you were available, and planned it for a specific time? Is it a date then? Or just hanging out?
How does one even tell whether it's a date or hanging out? I always assume it's hanging out if someone wants to do some activities together.
>>
>>16596061
Sounds a little bit more like a date if it was planned out, but here's the thing: women (in general) are terrible at being explicit. Assume that it's on you to establish the first "real" date no matter how many encounters you have with her before you do that.
>>
>>16596061
Depends on what you two do during that time you get together on that day.

If you have a specific situation in mind I can give you my view on it. Or I can list different situations that can happen and tell you if it's a date or hangout.
>>
>>16596078
>what you do

We had a lunch together. She contacted me a few days in advance and asked me if I was available at a specific time.
We didn't really hang out before that; I don't even think it could be said that we were "friends".

Could it be because she was trying to befriend me?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.