[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you define your moral philosophy? Is it important for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Attractive-Girl-Photos.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Attractive-Girl-Photos.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
How would you define your moral philosophy? Is it important for you to have one?
>>
>>16595780
Yes, very important. Moral relativity these days is fucking a lot of shit up.
>>
I guess I'm a Stoic
>>
I'm not even sure how to define morals really. Most of my actions are guided mostly by logic.
>>
I'm me.
If that's not good enough for someone, they have every right to not be a part of my life.
>>
I've followed Christianity for most of my life, but I think I'd define my moral code simply as "love". Loving others and then myself is always the right thing to do, I think, but I have to continually ask myself how to do that. That's really all that makes up my moral code. Now, whether I always act on that philosophy is another question entirely, and the answer is "no".
>>
>>16595780
this is not asking for advice
>>
>>16595780
No matter how easy and satisfying violence is, non-violence is always the better. Most people arent bad and are simply fucked up and need to see forgiveness in their life. Treat others with the love that you seek but keep your own interests close and never allow others to run all over you. Bottom line, Try to love everyone but never be afraid to unless some hate.

I suppose it's important but its really only important to me since it's my own morality.
>>
I know it's going to sound edgy, but I just see life as one big struggle for wealth and power. Trying to influence peoples morals is simply a strategy to change the rules into your favor.
>>
Mostly12 step stuff is what I like try to follow, cause I'm a recovering addict. Try to do the next right thing, accept what I can't change, change what I can. Keep my side of the street clean. Things like that. Works out bretty good so far.
>>
A clusterfuck of Secularism, Christianity, Satanism, some old faggots like Nietzsche and Kant plus some gut feelings.
>>
My philosophy is that life in its self has no meaning and is impermanent. there is nothing greater then us and we are all seconds from death. So it helps me realize that it's up to me to find meaning for myself. It doesn't matter what others think. If we have such a short life why not spend it enjoying everything I can!
>>
>>16595780

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
Love is the law, love under Will
>>
Descriptive evolutionary morality is the only option.
>>
Treat others as you'd like to be treated

Pretty simple, in the end.

I was also a huge Captain America and Spider-Man fan growing up, so I ask myself what they would do. Kinda silly, but it works for me.
>>
Do whatever I think is right, and desire at the time.

It really is that simple, and it is that superficially arbitrary. But it's supported by quite a well maintained framework of beliefs, predictions, knowledge, etc. I really let my mental state and mood drive the rest, because it's unnecessary mental overhead to keep "omg how do I be my idea of moral" in my mind.

I kind of ditched the idea of morality honestly. I never reconciled it or its definition. My own notion of conduct and the way things do and can work, acts as an equivalent.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.