[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's finally happened that I can't get myself to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMcIJqrOtM8.jpg (24 KB, 604x400) Image search: [Google]
IMcIJqrOtM8.jpg
24 KB, 604x400
It's finally happened that I can't get myself to do anything anymore. I quit the gym. I quit hanging out with people. I quit spending time with my family.I quit watching movies or playing vidya or anything else I used to do. Even playing the stupid casual games on my phone feel like too much of a hassle now.
So to sum it up I think after weathering for a couple of years I'm finally dead. How do I fix this.
>>
Get a job.

If you already have a job, then you've finally realized that life is about more than just the bear necessities. You'll never get fulfillment without strife.

>How do I fix this
It's different for every person, but ultimately you have to force yourself to commit to change and betterment of the self. It's a hell of a lot easier if you have the support of someone you trust, but it's possible to do alone.

The exact remedy is something you'll have to find for yourself.
>>
>>16595537
See a therapist. Get on medication. Coming from someone who's been there, you have depression and you need help.
>>
>>16595537
What do you do all day? Just curious.
>>
>>16595619
Lay down in bed
Sit down in bed
Lay down on floor
Sit down on floor
Walk around a bit
>>
>>16595537
Sounds like you're bored with all the old shit.

Try something new.
>>
>>16595624
I guess I just don't understand depression. I've done nothing during periods of unemployment or something but at least watch TV and stuff.
>>
>>16595665
I used to use TV as a background noise but I was already not watching it much so I gave it to my mom
Whenever I wanted to watch something I watched it on my computer anyway but now I can't be bothered to turn it on most of the time. And even when it's on I don't really want to do anything on it
>>
>>16595681
You think it's depression? I'm out of work now and feel like a bum, staying up late, drinking, lot of time on 4chan and watching movies. But my brother and a friend were around. Alone I might go to the store and but some groceries. You have no job either?
>>
>>16595718
I don't know if it's depression, I just don't feel like doing anything. Not even drinking or eating or anything. Now that I think about it I didn't eat yesterday, just had coffee. I'm even spending less time on the 4chins, believe it or not
And no I don't work ans since it's december I'm not going to classes either. They'll start again in like 2 months so I hope I'm better by then
>>
>>16595741
It sounds like textbook depression to me. You don't have to feel sad to feel depressed. It's pretty common to feel apathy, and very common to not want to do anything, even the things you enjoy that take minimal effort
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.