[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the second time i ever smoked weed, i had a panic attack. at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 1445956688954.jpg (46 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
1445956688954.jpg
46 KB, 800x564
the second time i ever smoked weed, i had a panic attack. at first it was fun and i was laughing uncontrollably while experience HEAVY vertigo, but then i wanted to stop and relax but i couldnt. thats when i flew into a panic attack.

also, another huge thing is that the whole event felt like a dream, like it wasnt really happening.

does anybody know why this happened? will it happen again? also could somebody explain the dreamy feeling?
>>
Weed affects people differently. Either weed isn't for you, or smoke less.
>>
How about you read on the effects of drugs before taking them nigger?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_cannabis#Psychoactive_effects
>>
>>16595451

Same thing happens to me. Get dizzy, get panicky, and I freak out. Just can't smoke weed man, sorry. I've tried a million times but its just the same thing.

Serotonin spikes and anxiety disorders just don't mix.
>>
>>16595451
I find this happens to me every time I use a bong and never when I use a vape box. Pipes and joints are okay if I take it really slow, but going too far will get me into panic attack and existential crisis mode.
>>
>>16595477
didnt really help at all but thanks anyways.

>>16595509
>>16595503
does this mean i have some type of anxiety disorder. ive always felt like i had anxiety problems in the past but never really wanted to think it was true.
>>
>>16595603
>didnt really help
>It's all explained there
Nani?
>>
>>16595606
ive read all about this shit since it happened. i was hoping somebody else could share their similar experience or even put it in layman's terms. wasnt really looking for a wiki article to be posted. i didnt really specify that in OP, so my bad.
>>
>>16595451
i've had mild anxiety for a long time and found weed brought that out once into an actual panic attack. never happened again. it's just i was so in the zone that i realized how much effort it was going to take to finish what i was confronting. i also take things more in each second rather than all at once, and when i take it all at once, i'm normally in a more dull, dumbed down and less critical state. you can't ever take place in two seconds, hours, or months at once so dont bother thinking about the future when you'll get there as perfectly as possible by being yourself in the present.
>>
>>16595451
It's because drugs are a mind-over-matter type of substance. If you aren't in the right kind of "mood" to be taking drugs, you don't take drugs. Even hardened druggies will tell you that.
I had a similar experience when I was new with it once where I still felt a bit of smoke in my lungs and thought I was going to suffocate briefly because I thought I wasn't getting enough oxygen. Panic started to rise up, and made the trip freaky, but I was able to get myself back under control before it got out of hand.

What ended up happening was you tried to change what was happening to you while you were still under the influence, and you can't do that while on drugs. So your mind starts freaking out, which makes the rest of you start having hyper-induced panic attacks, which once that starts, it's hard to break out of until the drug's effects wear off.

You need to let it be. There's a reason why stoners always seem so mellow - You enjoy it a lot more.
>>
I'm always afraid I might piss myself accidentally when I'm high. No joke--it's an irrational thought I usually get when I smoke/injest weed. I don't know why it always happens, but it does (and no, I never piss myself).

Some people aren't cut out for weed, anon
>>
>>16595451
Don't smoke so much weed at once. I have mild anxiety when sober and getting really high really quickly seriously exacerbates that. I used to get very stoned all throughout high school, several times a day. I got paranoid often.

Senior year, I stopped smoking for a while and when I revisited it again after a few years of uni, I figured out that taking one or two puffs, waiting, and then smoking a bit over a longer period of time helped my paranoia and anxiety.

Protip. You don't need to smoke a fat bowl. You don't need to get super high. You don't need to smoke as much weed as your friends do. Take it easy, smoke slowly, relax, and do what suits you. Learn how much you need to feel chill and stick with that.

>Tl;Dr what you experienced is normal. Solution: moderation
>>
it was only your second time

take it in smaller doses and see how you feel

also first time smokers should not be using a bong, use a pipe instead you will still get a rookie high
>>
Weed makes me jittery, stupid, and energetic. If I smoke, I literally can't sit still and I get really antsy and dumb.

It's great for working out, but I can't be around people. Anyone else have this?
>>
>>16595467
This.
>>
Just watch your dose.

Take a hit, sit on it for five-fifteen minutes, if you need more take another hit, sit on it, etc.
>>
>>16595603
Any disorder is based mostly on its impact on your ability to live a productive and happy life. Maybe you have an anxiety disorder. Maybe you don't. Getting anxious off of weed isn't a perfect indicator of that.
>>
>>16595891
Sounds like you should be smoking Indica instead of Sativa. Sativa makes me jittery, tense, causes racing thoughts. Indica makes me mellow. Also, edibles = more mellow if they're reasonably dosed and you don't overdo it, which can happen.
>>
>>16595451
I can totally relate. I've smoked weed three times in my life and only the first time was actually good. I didn't really feel anything I just felt happier and hungry. The other two times I was driving when it hit me. I had some indica the first time driving and I felt like I kept waking up from a dream and my heart was pounding out of my chest. The second time I had a sativa edible, at first it was alot more fun and I was couch-locked and all was well but then I had to drive home and everything was in slow motion. I felt bad though because my mom and sister got me a birthday cake since it was my birthday but I was way too high to deal with it so I had shoo them away. Felt so bad man. I still look forward to smoking weed when I don't have to do anything though so I can just relax and enjoy the ride.

Oh and if you ask me the best way to describe it is that you keep waking up from a dream but then you remember you haven't slept at all.
>>
smoke again
>>
>>16595451
key word is you WANTED it to stop

you smoked the drug you have to deal with being high for however many hours, you can't resist the high and just try to say nah im not high now otherwise your going to freak yourself out, just relax and go with whatever you feel, remember it's not permanent and you will return to baseline eventually.
>>
>>16595451
>Dreamy feeling

That's called tunnel awareness. I used to smoke just for that euphoria. Gave up though due to the anxiety. Just like you had.
>>
>>16595451
Ancient joke:

Patient (moving arm or something): Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Doctor: So don't do that!

Modern version:

You: Really bad things happen when I smoke pot
Us:
>>
>>16595451
Weed has been very hit or miss with me. I want to say I have smoked around 10ish times in my life. Ever since the first time, I mostly had panic-like behavior. There was only like 2-3 times where I didn't freak out.

I "tried" it so many times because people were saying I just had a bad strain of weed.

And each time, I was in a very relaxed setting, it did not matter. I'm already a very anxious person, I think weed just brings it out more in me. You are not alone.

I personally have stopped smoking ever because I will just have a bad time.
>>
>>16595451
You have a psychological predisposition to acting this way. You're conscious stops you from freaking out because of reasoning and logic. But your subconscious is prone to anxiety and whatever other related things you felt when stoned.
It's kinda like when people are drunk and just say what's on their mind instead of thinking coherently.

For me, the effects of weed smoked in a bong and inhaled through a vape are wildly different. I can manage myself totally with the dosage and delivery of a vape.

If you are still willing, I would suggest you vape.
>>
It occasionally gives me panic attacks as well, but I always consider the experience worth it in retrospect. The anxiety from weed can give you perspective.
>>
>>16596609
Just to elaborate on how it affects me personally.
With a bong I'm out of it before I exhale usually. I can't hold a conversation with anyone and I can't perform basic tasks like getting up for a glass of water. I end up standing in the kitchen for 10 mins spaced out forgetting why I was there in the first place. Usually this involves paranoia, self loathing and a feeling of being useless. I can't function.

With a couple puffs from a vape, I can have theoretical discussions about most topics, i can speak to friends and help them with issues they are going through. I'm creative and I talk a lot, but I make sense. I actually feel like a useful human being and I can take it out in public without feeling paranoid or depressed.
>>
>>16596633
hit it less hard
>>
>>16595451
You don't have an anxiety disorder. However, you're pretty stupid based on the fact that you're even asking about what happened to you when it's almost common knowledge that weed can cause paranoia. I recommend reading the wikipedia article some guy posted. If you did your research beforehand, you'd know that weed can cause these problems, especially if it's just your second time.

>>16595841
I am a hardened druggy, and the mood thing isn't true for all drugs. Set and setting basically only applies to psychedelics, and weed to maybe 1/5th the extent of psychedelics. You don't need to be in a good mood to get high off opiates, stimulants, dissociatives, etc. That's literally one of the biggest reasons that psychedelics are far less dangerous in terms of addictive potential -- you can't just take them whenever you're sad as an escape.

>>16595503
>serotonin spikes
This is nonsense, weed does not spike your serotonin levels

>>16596599
lol
>>
weed makes you peaceful, creative, self actualized wonder drug from god he put it in the ground
>>
>>16596728
its just a plant dude
>>
>>16596728
Hahahaha. Yeah I hate weed smoking hippies as well. Just the whole attitude of those kinds of people. Fucking feminist hippy druggie muslim loving scum.
>>
>>16596774

You can do drugs and still be a fascist.
>>
>>16596778
Fascists are as bad and moronic as hippies. All druggies are retarded. Full stop.
>>
>>16596804

>not being drug using, fascism masterrace

You sound like a dork.
>>
>>16596732
>>16596774

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buhkNvipAjY
>>
>>16595451
You need to work up to that level. People who smoke a whole joint their first time get this.
>>
>>16596826
It has happened to me after not having smoked anything regularly for years. You've got to be a committed stoner to avoid the bad effects.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.