[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never usually come to this board but I could use some advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1435987074947.jpg (784 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
1435987074947.jpg
784 KB, 3110x2073
Never usually come to this board but I could use some advice right now. My girlfriend of a year broke up with me pretty out of the blue. I've come to hate her for everything that happened and events that happened shortly after. I have lots of items from things we did together, her garter from prom, movie tickets, baseball game tickets, concert tickets, pictures, a shirt from a run/walk we did together, a jar full of pieces of paper of reasons she loved me. And i've really just wanted to put it all in a box and leave it at her house while she's back from college. I want to get rid of them because it hurts to see them, and desu I have them all over my room, and I want her to know i'm getting rid of these things. She clearly didnt hurt as much as I did despite her saying "it was the hardest thing she's ever done". What do you guys think? Am I just being sour?
>>
It's hard on everyone. It's normal to be bitter just don't let it control your actions. There's nothing you can do about her actions. Just do your best to move on. Return those things to her while she's on break.
>>
>Burn it all
>Move on
>hit gym or whatever to improve
>focus on self
>Bang a rutbuster to keep the pipes from freezing
>then find a better girl, always be upgrading
>>
Chances are likely she won't care.
Focus more on yourself as >>16595882 is suggesting.
>>
Sounds like she'd planned on dumping you before going to college but just rode it out. I'm not trying to make light of your experience, but that is incredibly common. I'd say do what you need to do to move on, but leave her out of it. Burn the stuff, stuff in a closet at your parents' house, or leave it in some random town down the highway, but don't give it back if its only value is sentimental.

Also, you shouldn't try so hard to get over her. Time will do that on its own as long as you do your best to focus on other things and other people.
>>
>>16595205
If you leave it on her porch you're going to look like a weird stalker who hasn't moved on. I seriously doubt that's the message you want to send. Burn the stuff in a bonfire if you can't bear to just shove it in the trash. It's cathartic.
>>
>>16595977
I think it's important to realize that the message, whatever it is, is irrelevant. It's irrelevant because the reaction is inconsequential. She's valueless to you, so base your actions on what would serve you best, regardless of how it might look to her.
>>
>>16596014
Agreed, but if leaving the shit on her porch serves him best, I think he's a pretty weird as fuck guy tbqh
>>
>>16595882
This OP. Do what this anon told you. Burn the shit, and try to make your life better. Like anonther anon said, don't try to hard to forget her, but try to use this as motivation, to make yourself a better person. Just think about that opportunity that will come your way, and that woman you're going to end up with for the rest of life will show up.
>>
Man does burning shit rly make you feel better? I know when I was heartbroken I just wanted to get that shit out of my hands and out of eye sight...
Fucking brought it to the trash can outside. Quick, easy, smart, and safe. Do it.
>>
>>16595205

>GF broke up with me out of the blue
>She went to college

At the end, she did you favor, you would be cucked to death if she stayed with you
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.