[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does love find you, or do you find love?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 804x804) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 804x804
Does love find you, or do you find love?
>>
Idk but I actually dont give a fuck about it anymore.
>>
BUUUUUMP
>>
>>16594837
It goes both ways.
>>
bemperino
>>
>>16594837
That depends. If you're female? You've a good chance of it coming to you.

If you're male? Need to be extremely hot or have something going for you for it to come to you. Otherwise, you need to seek it out yourself.

The cliche phrase of "stop looking and it will find you" really doesn't apply to males. It comes with having to be the assertive one that takes the lead in courting roles.
>>
I'd say love finds you. You only initiate actions that indicate love for another if you feel a real innate desire.
>>
>>16596114
>The cliche phrase of "stop looking and it will find you" really doesn't apply to males.

Your results may vary.
>>
>>16594837
could very well go both ways

if you're looking for it I think you're not really stable though
>>
What even is love?
>>
>>16594837
>Does love find you, or do you find love?
Neither. Love is something you build, not something you find.
>>
>>16594837
Love comes from experience, in that sense you have to find love. If you sit in a room playing video games and avoid human contact you will be a sad shell of a human your entire life.
>>
>>16596114
>The cliche phrase of "stop looking and it will find you" really doesn't apply to males.
Not only are you wrong, you're more wrong now than at any other point in history. The concept of "looking for love" has come under such heavy fire that actively searching is one of the fastest ways to get yourself branded as creepy.

This is not to say that you shouldn't make the first move. You still have to be the one to approach, even if the reasons for it today are different from the old reasons. It can seem like an odd paradox, but the importance of making the first move has increased even as the importance of actively searching has decreased.

The resolution to the paradox is that you can't go all-in on love as the solution to all your problems. You have to take an active role, but you also have to be able to build your happiness even if you fail in this.
>>
>>16594837
Love finds you.

“But I guess ultimately what scares me about marriage is where do you find this person? You know a lot of times, most successful relationships, people meet through work, school, mutual friends. But what’s most interesting to me is when people just meet in life, just randomly. You know, I have a friend, he got married, I asked him like “Hey, uh, where’d you meet your wife?” He was like “I was leaving Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was looking for my car - I drive a gray Prius. I saw a different gray Prius, I thought it was mine, I walked up to it, I realized I had the wrong car, but I bumped into Carol, we started talking, that was that”. That’s unbelievable. Think about all the random factors that had to come together to make this one moment possible - this one moment that changed these two people’s entire lives: First off, this guy has to live in this particular town. Then he has to get a gray Prius. Then he has to need to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then he has to go to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then there has to be another guy who also lives in town, also drives a gray Prius, also needs to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, also goes to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond at around the same time. Then they have to both park somewhat near each other, my friend has to leave before the other guy leaves, see the wrong Prius, think it’s his, walk up to it. Then the woman, Carol, needs to be near the wrong gray Prius for a million other random reasons. They bump into each other, they start talking, their entire lives are changed. That’s the most amazing and terrifying thing about life. It is, cause the amazing thing is that at any moment, any one of us can have that moment that totally changes our lives. You could be leaving the show tonight, bump into someone… it could change your life. You don’t know, that could happen. The terrifying thing is… what if we’re all supposed to be at Bed Bath & Beyond right now?”
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 790x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 790x403
>>16594837

I'd say it finds you, relationships never occur the way you think they will

Like I had a crush on a girl for a while, but couldnt figure out a way to move things past friends. Then out of nowhere I met a girl from work and we hit it off. Without even thinking or anything I just asked her out because I wanted to see her again. And outta the blue I feel like Im falling for her

Did I go to work that day looking for love? Hell no. Shit just happens

Thats why I think its best to have a wide social range, consistently going to new places, trying new things and meeting new people. Like a social butterfly

You never know who you'll meet and attract.

Net cast wide catches many fish
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.