[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /adv/, my gf of 1 month and a half (we talked for 6 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1294984139067.jpg (254 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1294984139067.jpg
254 KB, 1024x768
So /adv/, my gf of 1 month and a half (we talked for 6 months before, so 7 months total) is going to a friend's xmas party tomorrow. She hasn't invited me only told me about it. The guy hosting the party likes her but she said she friendzoned him. However I've still been concerned previously, and thought she might've liked this other guy that will be there too. She assures me they're friends only.
But she's told me about this party and hasn't invited me. I don't want to invite myself. Mainly cause I only want to go if she wants me to go. What do?
This is killing me a little.
>>
Rightly or wrongly, you do not trust her. Either you are right to suspect something and she is not worth being with, or you are wrong and are too immature to even have a relationship. Considering that you say things like 'invite myself' and you believe she should invite you to someone else's party, the latter is more likely.
>>
>>16594321
It's not that I believe she should invite me to someone else's party.
It's that if I were going to an xmas party with my friends I'd see if my gf was invited, and invite her accordingly.
Other people's s.o.'s are going. I don't exactly see how this is immature?

And of course it'd be a different situation also were it not for the fact that I know the guy hosting it likes her.
>>
>>16594321
>>16594332
I'll add that I've been cheated on before in a couple relationships so tend to get a little jealous/leery in situations like this.
Sure part of it might be me. But if you think it's immaturity please elaborate.
Cause this has me feeling like I'm not worth bringing around her friends or something, or like she thinks she can't do so.
I've met the guy hosting the party, at her birthday party. I met her other male friend. Her other friend and I got along great and talked a lot but this guy (the host) just shook my hand, couldn't look me in the eye or even say a word to me. Later in the night he just stuck around but hung off over to the side not talking with anyone.
Am I wrong to feel weird about the situation? I'm trying to work with these feelings.
>>
>>16594352
tldr:
>feel like this means she doesn't feel she can bring me around her friends
>guy hosting it likes her
>met the guy, he wouldn't/couldn't talk to me
>shakes my hand/doesn't look me in the eye
>I've been cheated on before so have tough time opening up/trusting in relationships
>the fact that every girl I've dated has guy friends doesn't help

I want to make things work, if they can. Hence my coming here.
I don't even know how to bring it up with her atm cause we've talked about this guy before and she likely already knows it bothers me a little.
>>
I wouldn't be OK with my girlfriend going to a party hosted by a guy who liked her, and I wouldn't ever go TO a party like that without inviting her (or at all ... but certainly not without inviting her, to put her at ease.) I don't think this is OK.
>>
>>16594321
>>16594418
Thanks for the input btw. That's what I came here for. I'm trying to work this out.

I'm definitely feeling odd about it. I want to be wrong. But I don't know what to do in this situation.
>>
Unacceptable. Bring this up with her if it bothers you, not all women pick up cues as well as others do. I'll tell you one thing though.
If my fiance got invited to a party hosted by some girl crushing on him, he'd take me with him without a second thought. You shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable because of her guy friend, and if she's going to have guy friends, she needs to learn boundaries. I personally don't think it's okay to go to the party without you, from what you've said, that guy is a beta anyway, but it doesn't matter. Ultimatums are never a good thing, so, just tell her you're uncomfortable with her going without you because of the guy hosting it. Women like honesty, and if it were me in the situation I would expect my fiance to be upfront with me. Good luck.
>>
>>16594321
Not OP, but
>or you are wrong and are too immature to even have a relationship

Are you serious? OP's girlfriend has been invited to a party where 2 guys that like her will be, I don't se how worrying about that is immature.
>>
>>16594457
>2 guys that like her
One for certain. The other is unclear.
The other had had a gf recently and didn't talk to my gf much, but after he and his gf broke up he was wanting to hang out with her out of loneliness and all.
So I think it says something. Granted this was before her and I were officially dating.
>>
>>16594443
And yeah I have to wonder how she'd feel if I told her about a party hosted by some girl who likes me, who i tell her I've friendzoned. Yet I don't invite her to the party.

This guy hosted a star wars marathon awhile ago and she was upset she didn't get invited. We already had a talk about this, if she wasn't invited because of me. But I think she might've gotten the wrong impression.

All in all I'm just torn, and I hate this situation it being a couple days before getting with each others families for xmas and all
>>
You dont trust her enough that she can step outside the house and not take every dick in a 50 mile radius without a single thought.

Just break up with her and save yourself the additional weeks of stress because if you're thinking this weeks into the relationship it's already over.
>>
>>16594457
Then clearly you believe the first option is correct, you dumbass.
>>
>>16594492
Why the fuck is every response in this thread one of two polar opposites?
According to the answers here I'm either right to feel this way in this situation, or you and some other anon want to claim I'm acting like a child.
>>
>>16594514

You *are* acting like a child. If you don't trust the bitch, just break up with her.
>>
>>16594312
Tricky situation because you've been official for only a month, however you have been seeing each other for several months.

I'd play it slow, OP. She didn't invite you and maybe that's OK given the context of her relationship with her friend and the fact you guys are new. If this comes up in the future, then you have right for concern.

Tl;dr let this one slide but keep an eye on the chick and don't be afraid to walk if she doesn't share your relationship values (the whole point of dating)
>>
>>16594528
How am I acting like one?
>>
>>16594535
You obviously think your girlfriend can't have any friends of the opposite sex, has to bring you everywhere, and is a cockjuggling whore.

Either get over your massive insecurity, or get over having relationships for any period of time.
>>
>>16594511
Excuse me, I forgot the part where I fucking said I believed the first option was correct. You're acting like there's only 2 logical ways to understand OP's situation, so I've got a pretty good idea of who's the dumbass here. Try harder next time.
>>
>>16594312

i've been in this situation before several times. every time this happened to me, my girlfriend at the time didn't feel like it was her place to invite me to the party, mainly because I didn't know the person whose party it was all that well (although once it was one of my good friends from the neighborhood and he didn't invite me so that pissed me off). the question here is do you trust her? from my experience, as long as your girlfriend is trustworthy and isn't the type of girl to cheat you have nothing to worry about. of course, it is perfectly normal to worry, because you can't account for the actions of the boys there, but if she is really trustworthy and you really have a future with her, then you really have nothing to worry about. it will suck while she is there, but afterwards you will probably feel better about it(at least that's how it was for me. one of my girlfriend's was so trustworthy that one time she went to a party like this and got annoyed that the guy who invited her hit on her after she had clearly friendzoned him and knew she had a boyfriend so she left and came to visit me for the rest of the night instead)
>>
>>16594552
>can't have any friends of the opposite sex
do you even read bro? you're shoving words in my mouth. This whole issue is clearly centered around a guy who has stated to her he has feelings for her.

>>16594562
Thank you for your clear-headed, logical response. I definitely see where she feels it isn't her place and that's cool. We've had a situation kind of close to what you describe before though when we weren't officially dating
>we were about to road trip across the country on a week-long vacation
>same guy hosting the party will work on her car for free
>she gets something new put on her wheels, already forgot what it was called
>they redbox two movies, stay at his apt till 2 am
>she tells me all this when I ask
>says she didn't want to be rude and leave right after he fixed the car
>says she did get annoyed with him, he asked her to pick one movie, then he picks his own
>says they sat on opposite ends of the couch, he mostly spent the time texting some other girl
>says he is overly negative about being single and that annoys her to begin with

But of course I've maintained a slight skeptical side. Maybe this new info will show what kind of territory I'm in here?
I realize I'm not perfect but fuck, the accusations that I want to put her in a cage are over the top
>>
>>16594669
Sounds like she is trustworthy. He wants to bang and he is annoyed that she has morals and actually gives a damn about you and isn't on board to bang him. She seems like she is trying not to burn a bridge by going to this party. That's really the only motive I get from her right now, so I think you're in the clear. Don't bug her about it and she will be thankful for you being so understanding. You may even get some extra sexual favors out of it if you back off. Your girl seems trustworthy because of her story and the details she went into.
>>
>>16594332
I don't think you're being immature. On one hand, I think some people just don't like mixing their friends (I don't, mainly because I fear them not getting along) but that is a weak reason honestly. If you're her bf, I do think you should be invited unless they're like, a super tight-knit group and there's only a handful of people going. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

I imagine one would want to take this opportunity to introduce an SO to their friends and get everyone acquainted.

I'd feel a little torn up too. I might let this one instance go since its early in the relationship but if something like it happens again (leaving you completely out of friend stuff) then I would definitely speak up.

Ask her how the party went and note her response. If she doesn't say much, that would be a red flag imo.
>>
>>16594312

I don't want to make you feel nervous anon, but my gf of 6 months cheated on me in that exact situation.

>be me
>17
>she goes to friends house party, who she's had thing with before but now rejected for me
>kinda nervous but I was young and in love
>genuinely thought that cheating was something that only happened in films
>howOnEarthCouldSomeoneDoItInRealitu.pdf
>texts me at 15:34 'getting ready so will text you after the party x'
>doesn't text me all night
>get text at 00:37 'hey I messed up, I dunno what to say:/'
>cheated on me with the same guy plus someone else
>only kissed and some other stuff but still bad
>heart just drops
>worst feeling ever

Not saying this will be you anon, but proceed with caution if you have reason to suspect. I think once you've been cheated on its easy to worry when starting a relationship with a new person, but trust her. If nothing happens, great! If something does, end it. You're only early days, you don't deserve to be cheated on bro and she doesn't deserve you if she does
>>
Don't be cross - just say - is there a reason why you have not invited me? (look confused) Then add - tell you what, I will come pick you up after at (sensible time) so you can get home safe.

If she refuses then suspicion is your friend that night.

As a poster rightly said - young women are very suggestible and will probably end up in a bad (for you) situation if not offered the strength of her man. Offer it without being a controlling arse and you are the winner - be mean/cross/pushy/passive then you lose.
>>
>>16594312
>gf of 1 month and a half
not a relationship you are just dating
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.