[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a cold I think. Throat hurts so bad I actually have to spit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1449254885614.jpg (88 KB, 949x960) Image search: [Google]
1449254885614.jpg
88 KB, 949x960
Got a cold I think. Throat hurts so bad I actually have to spit all my saliva because I can't swallow.

What should I do? I have no medicine. I've been thinking of just drinking some hot water god damn it
>>
Embrace it. If you get sick, then get sick. Look at it this way: you're getting some needed 'upgrades' to your immune system.
>>
well you need to swallow even though it hurts. and gargle salt water.
>>
>>16594310
Have any honey? Take a spoonful every once in a while.

Boil some water in a pot, stand over it, and breathe in the steam.

If you have garlic cloves, sucking on them acts like a throat losenger. It's not tasty though.

Still drink lots of water even if it hurts. Dehydrating yourself will prolong the soreness.
>>
Ginger might work too, since you don't need to swallow. Just cut a little piece and sometimes chew it.
>>
Gurgle salt water or hot tea with honey
>>
>>16594369
Also, if you have any nasal issues, you can make a makeshift netti-pot with a clean sports-top bottle of water. Put clean, lukewarm water with some salt in it. And use it like a netti-pot. Gently pushing the water in one nostril with an open mouth, and letting it run out the other side. Only do so once or twice a day.

I've been poor, sans-insurance with a horrid cold too. Do not starve yourself or stop drinking water. You need the nutrients and hydration to get better.
>>
Should be taking zinc daily. 25-50 mg depending on your weight. Don't go overboard because zinc toxicity feels like death.
>>
Strep throat get some pennicillin
>>
Just buy some Riiiiiiiiiiiicolaaaaaaaaaaaa! It actually works, not kidding.
>>
>>16594310
you might have mononucleosis or strep. I would look in the mirror to see if there are any white patches in the back of your throat, and if so, youll want to get it checked.
>>
>>16594310
Gargle some mouthwash twice a day to help nuke your tonsils.
>>
>>16594310
hot water works quite well, you could drink hot tea too.
>>
you might have strep. get some cough drops, take some ibuprofen, and see a doctor
>>
>>16594310
Get a light and look in the back of your mouth.

If you see white shit then you have strep throat and will be sick for weeks unless you get antibiotics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.