[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Kept You Going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Even if you don't talk to them anymore, who at some point in your life motivated you to keep on going?
>>
Myself. For me nobody really acted at someone to lean on or to come to for help , soo while i was loved...I really was not assisted or directed in the right place. Im generally pretty good at grabbing life by the horns but sometimes(like right now) I really could use some direction.
>>
>>16593542
Part of why I've been lifting is that I'll be meeting up with my ex soon, and want to feel/look good for the occasion, cos I still love her and want to win her back.

If I fail, I'll still be better off than before, and will finally be able to hit the dating scene again: I've been avoiding making connections because I ultimately want my ex back, and don't want to do an undeserving person wrong because I never really committed myself.
>>
>>16593542
My boyfriend. He is a wonderful person who cares about me more than anyone else. Meeting him pulled me out of depression and helped me get my life together. I want to settle down with him in the future so I am focused on achieving things for that goal.
>>
Lauren. She was a cock tease but I fell pretty hard. Improving my life (better job, moving out, lifting etc) so that one day I can bang her. It's retarded but at least I now have a goal.
>>
My best friend Elijah. He picked me up when I got my ass dumped after a seeral year relationship. Got me lifting, got me a job where he worked. Guy could ask me anything and consider done.
>>
>>16593604
>but at least I now have a goal.
I think this is what goes through most guy's minds for shit like lifting and stuff. I even have a buddy that was determined to be the top rower on my team as a way to grab a gril's attention. I've done the same shit as well.

Pic related
>>
File: 1234132412421.jpg (80 KB, 640x845) Image search: [Google]
1234132412421.jpg
80 KB, 640x845
My ex . She was amazing, she was everything i ever wanted in a girl. I was a pussy and i fucked up everything. I know Ill never have her again but I know a girl like her will walk in to my life. So for now I must make myself better so I dont fuck up again.
>>
A chick who I feel has baited me for a year and a half and I feel like even worse shit since meeting her that time ago I curse that class we were in and how it all went down like who the hell gets super close to a guy when you're dating someone and then pull away gets quiet and distant from you for a bit then tries to talk to you like old times and you go along with it just to get put back into that same spot and now you wait for her to pull away and be quiet again
>>
>>16594463
what did you do?
>>
>>16593542
My current boyfriend helped me stop doing amphetamines. I've been almost 5 years clean, and I don't know why, but I just realized I've never thanked him.

It's still hard to talk about. And he saw me at the lowest of all lows I've experienced and still helped me. But I am so thankful that he came into my life. I don't even think he realizes it.
>>
File: 1375654313709.jpg (55 KB, 596x900) Image search: [Google]
1375654313709.jpg
55 KB, 596x900
My side chick. Wife fucked it up though. So I'm with her for the kid and for a steady lack of drama. But I still keep 2 others on the side that drool over me emotionally and can sometimes be convinced to send nudes. They're about the highlight of my day.
>>
File: 1450338796948.jpg (110 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1450338796948.jpg
110 KB, 759x508
>>16594512
I was really clingy whiny and controlling. Didnt really know how to be independent.
>>
My best friend.

We dated for a couple of months a few years ago when I was in highschool and he was at uni. We had a weirdly good and bad break up, didn't talk much after that for a few weeks but then became best friends and have been best friends ever since.

We argue a little and have a lot of great discussions about mutual and not so mutual interests. Sometimes we have a bad argument and don't talk for a few days/couple of weeks, but eventually things go back to normal and it's like nothing ever happened.

The funny thing is that he's a few years older than me and I met him through my mum, they used to work together, so he's like an older brother now, and often goes to my mum if he's concerned about me (and vice versa). It's weird but it works.

You know when you have someone who you just click with? Like no matter what, you'll always be friends and you can always count on them, a platonic soulmate? Purely platonic, no romantic or sexual feelings whatsoever (even though we used to date, it wasn't serious and it's most definitely in the past).

My best friend is my platonic soulmate. I wouldn't trade him for the world.

My bf is also someone who has kept me going when all I wanted was the complete opposite. Two years together and I couldn't imagine losing him again.

He's my rock and, even though he drives me mad and sometimes I hate him, I love him so goddamn much and couldn't imagine a world without him.
>>
i feel >>16593546 all the way.

the only person that's ever really helped, guided, and comforted me is myself. i have family and friends that love me, and i do depend on them for some stuff but mostly i'm on my own. i'm the person that claws my way out when i hit rock bottom and the person that pats myself on the back when i'm doing good in life. even though i love my friends and family, i like relying on myself more because i know even if they go i'll be here forever.
>>
>>16593542
not a person, but a little goat I fostered from birth. poor thing got left by its mother in the cold and nearly died. nursing that little guy back to health and realizing that I could have an impact on something's life is what keeps me going.
>>
I had an amazing support system in my family. I could always turn to them when I felt my life was shit. We never verbalized our support, mind you, but I think we drew strength in our struggles together.
>>
>>16594990
damn thats sweet. happy for you anon
>>
>>16595137
Thank you! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world tbqh.

Do you have anyone who's motivated you or anything?
>>
>>16593542
Familial? My parents. They taught me everyday things from car maintenance to household maintenance.

If you're talking about love, I guess myself. I've never fallen in love, and never had the chance really. No one would give me a chance, so I don't rely on others for motivation. It's not efficient. The only thing really worth getting me up is work and school.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.