[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to Seattle, how do I avoid succumbing to cannabis addiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: weed.jpg (204 KB, 1368x913) Image search: [Google]
weed.jpg
204 KB, 1368x913
Moving to Seattle, how do I avoid succumbing to cannabis addiction given the stupidly easy accessibility of legal weed?

I don't want to go overboard but I feel like "OH MY GOD!! YES!!". That's not the reason I'm moving there but it's still all I can think about...
>>
>>16592505
Weed isn't addictive.
>>
>>16592508
It's mentally addictive for people with little self restraint like me.

The only reason I'm not high all day every day is because it's a pain to get since I'm an antisocial loner with no sources.
>>
Weed isnt physically addictive. If you feel like you need it, its because of your own failures.

Additionally if its a big deal, don't fucking smoke. You're a grown adult, and you have less restraint than a teenager apparently.
>>
>>16592509
Then you have issues that you need to deal with. Find some non-chemical coping mechanism.
>>
>>16592505
Once you see the price, it won't be a problem.
>>
>>16592608
I'll be making enough to afford pounds of the stuff each day so that won't affect me
>>
Hey OP, I have been living in the Netherlands for three years now. I can reach eight different coffeeshops in less than 10 minutes, so I know the feeling of easy accessibility.

Of course you can get addicted to weed, I kind of am slightly and I have a few friends who definitely are. Then again weed is not the devil, so as long as your life works and you can still think straight, no real problem.

What works best for me is that I only smoke on Fridays or Saturdays or something, so make clear rules and stick to them. And it's like with fat people: It is easier to say no to chocolate in the supermarket than on the couch at home, so don't keep weed at your place unless its smokin day.

Enjoy the weed and don't overthink it, at least you won't be hanging out with a dealer who can sell you other stuff as well.
>>
You tell yourself what a weak piece of shit you are if you can't control your own actions and that if you succumb you're a failure to yourself and all you stand for.
>>
>>16592505
> how do I avoid succumbing to cannabis addiction

It's not that hard. Are you someone with a really addictive personality? I had much greater trouble lowering my sugar intake than controlling my weed use and I'm pretty damn lean anyway.

Even if you do get addicted and start smoking every day, the withdrawals aren't that bad. Take melatonin to sleep, and force yourself to eat. WD is over after like 3-5 days.

>>16592508
In general, when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about, it's best to shut the fuck up.

OP you'll likely be fine. This is what I do, though >>16592942
>>
I understand where you're coming from.
How much weed do you smoke per day?
I'll chief an 1/8th in 10-14 days, and I don't consider myself to be an "addict."
One of my friends takes like 10 dabs a day. He cannot eat or sleep or function without his dabs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.