[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got pulled over for a DUI. Thing is, I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DUITest_Generic_0825.jpg (38 KB, 653x367) Image search: [Google]
DUITest_Generic_0825.jpg
38 KB, 653x367
So I just got pulled over for a DUI. Thing is, I've never had an ounce of alcohol in my life. Let me explain.

I'm a type one diabetic, and while I was driving, my blood sugar dropped really low, and I started swerving in the road. I got pulled over, and tested and I obviously registered a 0.0, but the officer was suspicious. I told him that I was low, and he seemed to understand. He was kind enough to help me park the car, and gave me a lift to the gas station for a coke, hah.

My blood sugar came up, and he let me drive home. Even though I wasn't drunk, I was still impaired while driving. What are the chances that I could receive a court summons in the mail?
>>
If he did not tell you about a court summons you will not receive one
>>
>>16592125
That's just it - in my hypoglycemic state, I barely remember anything he said, other than "drive safely" when he let me go.
>>
>>16592129
He would have written you a ticket. I'm sure you would remember that or at least have a piece of paper on you that stated you were cited.
>>
>>16592129
You would have received a peice of paper and been required to sign a form saying you received a court summons
>>
How often does this happen sounds dangerous. Maybe keep emergency food in the car and on your person.
>>
>>16592165
This. Anon buy a large pack of Cokes and just keep them in the back of your car for emergencies like this. Seriously. Doesn't matter if they're cold. Or food. Just something that will last a while.

It sounds like you got off easy this time, so don't worry. Next time be prepared because something much worse could happen.
>>
>>16592122
Perhaps you could call the precinct headquarters and say you got pulled over and was having a diabetic episode and was wondering if that was a crime.
>>
>>16592122
lol, zero chance
>>
paramedic here. this kind of thing happens a lot more than you would think. Ive never heard of one being actually called into court. Its a legit medical emergency (albeit a simple one), and cant always be helped. Suggestion though, maybe get a medical alert bracelet (not a medical alarm, just a bracelet that has the star of life on one side and a list of conditions you have on the back) that has diabetes listed on the back or put a little piece of tape on the back of your license and write "type 1 diabetic". If a cop sees one of those things he'll be more inclined to call rescue out there rather than take you to jail. People have been wrongly taken to jail for that before and pass out in the cells then face possible brain damage or death. The father of one of my instructors back in academy had that happen to him and he ended up suing the state for buckets of money. Either way if you didn't have a ticket get written its very unlikely you'll hear any more about it. The best a cop could do if they were a major asshole would be try to charge you for reckless driving but they'd have to prove you have very poor treatment of your condition or did it intentionally, which wouldn't really stand. Seriously though, hypoglycemia is a really dangerous thing. I've seen it kill people, I've seen it leave people completely brain dead just acting as vegetables. Be more careful out there.
>>
>>16592122
ARE YOU RETARDED? Keep candies or even sugar cubes with you, always. Diabetics go full potato when sugar level goes down, it's dangerous as fuck for you.

About court summon: nah.
>>
>>16592122
Meanwhile, you should be carrying some sugar-rich candy in your pockets and in the car at all times.
>>
>>16592129
If you do not already have a peice of paper with information about being summoned, you aren't getting one. They write them right then.
>>
>>16592122
Where do you live? Where I live, if you get nailed for dui, they put you in the back of the cruiser.
Sounds like he figured out what was up, helped you out, and let you go. Buy that man lunch, he probably saved your life.
Keep candy in your car.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.