[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ is rhinoplasty worth it? I have a crooked nose , and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 052.jpg (14 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
052.jpg
14 KB, 490x368
Hey /adv/ is rhinoplasty worth it?

I have a crooked nose , and deviated septum
when I was a 7 yo I broke it so it got crooked , is not seriously crooked or ugly but I dont like it I want my nose straight like when I was 5 yo . and I cant breath very well too , what can you tell me about rhinoplasty.
>>
Rhinoplasty is a simple and harmless procedure, OP. It's actually so common, you probably know a ton of people who had their noses done and you haven't been able to tell. However, the bruising is pretty ugly after the procedure and it takes a while to heal. If it bothers you and you feel like it could have a positive effect on your self-esteem, there's no reason why you shouldn't fix it.
>>
>>16591549
I'm just a bit scared XD
I know that is very common but you know , sometimes Im afraid to get my nose worse than before.

I will probably do it when I have some cash.
>>
>>16591555
Unless you manage to get a seriously bad doctor, there's very little chance of them messing up such a simple fix. Most bad noses happen because that's actually what the person asked for. Don't worry too much about it. Just.. make sure you can hide somewhere while it heals. It's really awful while it's healing!
>>
>>16591557
Some doctors say that correcting a crooked nose is not simple well I dont know XD
Im very wood at hidding for months so that wont be a problem, my main problem is cash and being sure of what im going to do.

Have you undergo rhinoplasty?
how much time did it take to see 80-100% of the results ? and are you satisfied ?
>>
Purely cosmetic rhinoplasty can often not be worth it. This is more a function of the cost than the benefit. But you said that the shape of toyr nose affects your breathing, so your case is not purely cosmetic: there's an actual medical benefit. That makes the value much higher.
>>
>>16591568
I did, but I was only 12, and that was 15 years ago. Also, it was necessary for medical reasons, so I'm not sure my answers are too relevant. I really only remember the healing being a bitch. I watched other people undergoing the procedure, though, and I kinda can't help taking it so lightly. Where I live, it seems like there's always someone fixing their nose.
>>
>>16591613
mm I see
>>
>>16591541
Yes.
I actually very recently had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty to correct my nose.
Here are things from my experience:

Try to get your insurance to cover the septoplasty by saying that it is medically necessary to improve your quality of life. If you can get them to pay for the operating room fees, septoplasty, and sedation, you only have to pay 2500$-3000$ for the rhinoplasty (as opposed to $8000-$12000 if the insurance doesn't cover the major fees)

Prep:
You cannot smoke several weeks before the proceedure. You go in for an evaluation and the doctor shows you what your nose will look like when it's finished. COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR DOCTOR. Bring in pictures, make sure he/she knows EXACTLY what you want.

Procedure: extremely easy. There is no pain, and you don't remember any of it. You totally black out. The only discomfort is corparable to a sore throat (which is a result of the breathing tube that is put in and then removed).
I was instantly able to breathe easier, even with a ton of packing and splints in my nose.

Post op:
The first 7 days you will look like a monster, so stay home. It looks 500% worse than it feels. It feels like you have a cold, and are congested. Iced peas can help reduce swelling.
You get your cast off a few days after the proceedure. This is painless.
The worst part of the whole thing is when you go to get the stitches/splints out. That hurts a lot; but it's only for a second. The pain can be compared to someone plucking out a nostril hair.

The swelling takes about 2 months to go down ~70%. The last 30% goes down over a year. The tip is usually the last part to return to normal.
Exercising is difficult for up to ~4 months afterwards because of swelling from an elevated heart rate.

Important notes:
Do not expect perfection. My nose is still slightly crooked, but it's dozens of times better than it was so I am very happy with it.
>>
>>16591680
I dont smoke :D

and did you loose you olfat?
any side effect like lose of sensibility or something related?

sorry for my bad english.

I wont expect perfection but I do want to see a significant improvement , I hope it goes well for me .
>>
>>16591713
Don't know what "olfat" is, and no, there are no serious side effects.
You can't taste anything for about 10 days, but that's it
>>
>>16591727
sorry by olfat I mean , the sense of smell XD
>>
>>16591734
Ah!
My sense of smell improved drastically. I could not really smell very well before, and now I can.
about a week after the surgery, the inside of your nose begins to smell bad as it heals. Use a saline solution to cleanse the inside and help the healing process.
>>
>>16591768
I see!
thanks for the info!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.