[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is self harm just a whiny, depressed teenage girl thing, or does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gwe__i_by_hely29-d4nrkvm.jpg (116 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
gwe__i_by_hely29-d4nrkvm.jpg
116 KB, 1095x730
Is self harm just a whiny, depressed teenage girl thing, or does anyone else actually do it as an adult aside from me? I feel crazy embarrassed and alone. How do other people deal with it?
>>
>>16591487
You should suffocate in dat ass

shieeeeeeeeeeet
>>
>>16591487
It's a coping mechanism and an addiction. Releases feel good chemicals.
>>
I've been involuntarily hurting myself due to relationship issues, and it's a little crazy but I understand it to be making emotional pain physical

never done it before in my life
>>
I've throught about this and I think there are two types, the kind that put it online and the kind that hide it. Both are a problem. I tried it out of curiosity once. I can see the appeal.
>>
>>16591533
been there myself and that's the only thing that ever caused me to inflict self-harm. involuntarily and impulsively. didnt realize until after the fact that that was my clear as fucking day sign to end the relationship. i feel so stupid for not doing so the first time it happened
>>
OCD can cause it when you're under a lot of stress. Its a type of coping mechanism.

You can also read about it on the BPD wikipedia page. Many who have the problem often do it automatically like it came naturally.
>>
>>16591611
Yeah I think I knew about it being an OCD thing but I forgot. I do a lot if head bashing, usually I give myself some pretty big goose eggs once a month sometimes more if I'm stressed out about something. I tend to do it over trivial stuff too but don't think about it too much actually.
>>
>>16591648
Do you have OCD?

I do and it still bothers me every day but I'm better at handling the stress nowadays.
>>
>>16591487
when i was 15 i moved to new york cause of my dads job and because of because of my anxiety i literally had four friends for the rest of high school. started doing oxys and xanax to deal with the pain and when that stopped working as good i started self harming. the fact that i was popular back in washington just made it so much worse. cut myself forabout two years till it started getting noticeable and my parents made me go to therapy. hated it at first but after a few months of it i saw a huge difference and started actually feeling good about myself for the first time in three years. id suggest you get a therapist too, OP
>>
>>16591660
I did when I was a kid. Not sure if I outgrew it. Don't think I did but I outgrew the general temper tantrums I used to have and sobbing and crying all the time. I still act like a rude little shit with no social skills tho, and in some senses am even more autistic then I have ever been. It's all behavioural OCD I think and I really do think I have it still. But I don't like diagnosing myself so I really need to just see a doctor already. Got an appointment next month so we'll see what's up hopefully.

Which reminds me... Also used to take meds for "adolescent schizophrenia" whatever that is. I can function well enough t o maintain my menual job but I really think sometimes I still have major problems I never outgrew which will come bubbling to the surface one day. Maybe you don't really outgrow shit like that. Who knows. I sure don't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.