[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Body dismorphia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 700x528
Adv, i badly want to get over this. I always hated my looks with force. I always despised my body. It's my number one enemy. I am absolutely disgusted by it. It is ruining my life. I want it to stop and i have no idea how. Nothing is helping. I try to work on the flaws. I try to not care as much. I try to learn taking a compliment. I try to get my selfesteem up trough other things. It doesn't change a thing. My body is on my mind 24/7 and i don't want this shit anymore. How the hell do i stop this? And yes, i'm going to therapy. It's not helpfull. And yes, i got a bf that tells me that i'm beautifull but to me it just sounds like he is fucking with me. Even tought he is the most sincere and awesome person ever.
>>
>>16591377
Attention whore detected
>>
>>16591380
Thanks for the helpfull advice
>>
>>16591377
Well, what's wrong with it?

What your bf says is irrelevant. What your counsellor says is irrelevant. All that matters is what you say to yourself inside your head. Start working out and exercising (not even to look better, but just to USE your body and realise how fucking sick it is that you even have one in the first place - it releases endorphins too).
>>
>>16591384
I know that. And i am trying to do exactly this since years - without changing shit. I work out. And i try to see my body as the wonderful thing it is. But y'know, all i can see is failure. I recently had a bone fracture because i was running too much and without resting inbetween. And all i can think of is that my body has dissapointet me once again. That this only happened because i am too heavy for my bones, that my body isn't even cappable of running. I hate that thing. If i could, i would cut my body away from me. It feels like it doesn't belong to me and it is holding me back big times.
>>
>>16591391
They should put you on meds or maybe refund a furry suit or something
>>
>>16591396
I already am on meds. It has helped me with depression, but there's no medication for feeling ugly.
>>
How old are you? It takes time. You may never love the way you look, but there will probably come a time when you will accept the way you look, and you understand whether you look good on any given day within the spectrum of your own possible looks. Believe me, I used to feel the same way. Now, I look at myself, and sometimes I literally think, "hey, you look really okay!" And looking okay, acceptable by your OWN standards, is a really good thing. It takes time.
>>
>>16591403
You need to be on different medication, this is a side effect of what you're on. Go and talk to your doctors about this.
>>
Are you fat? If so, lose the weight. You'll feel better than you ever thought possible, both physically and mentally. Are you a normal weight, but weak? Work out, get some muscles. You'll love them (I'm female too, so it's not a male-exclusive thing). If you're fit and still hate your body, I don't know what to tell you, sorry.
>>
I've battled with Body Dymorphic Disorder since I was a child and finally got treatment at 23. Therapy and medication helped a lot. It takes work, as it never completely goes away but it does get a lot better.
>>
Just read you went to therapy. Try reading books on it. It also helped me feel less crazy when I would read that people was going through the exact same shit I was. I wish I could give you a contact and personally help you. It's the reason why I chose to go into psychiatric research.
>>
>>16592225
Same.

Honestly, I know how rough of a journey it is so I gotta say PROUD OF YOU because it does take a lot of time, patience, and practice.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.