[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does smoking weed make you stupid or smart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x368
Does smoking weed make you stupid or smart?
>>
>>16590840
Stupid
>>
Stupid
>>
Neither. It makes it fun to be bored, and do boring things. This is pretty nice if you don't abuse it. If you start blowing things off to sit around and get high, your priorities are fucked.
>>
>>16590846
True words have been spoken.
>>
It can facilitate novel thought patterns and good conversational skills. You might experience starting to think more elaborately about issues in your sober state after prolonged exposure. What you do with that is up to you, it's no guarantee you'll actually take advantage of this aspect to being high if you're just tapping your PS4 controller. My personal experience is that I'm much better with words and recognising patterns as a result of smoking weed almost daily for several years, but that might also have to do with just maturing and taking a degree in fine arts (there is literature involved, mind you). The above poster is right, however. And I do have acquaintances who smoke regularly, who are dumb as bread. Smoking weed won't make you smarter or more stupid, but how you use your high might be a gateway for consuming information on a more complex and interesting level.
>>
>>16590905

I've found that weed can be helpful for thinking things through, but it can just as easily slow you down when it comes to actually DOING things. Creatively, as well as in other aspects of life. As a writer, you can come up with good ideas and think them through while you're stoned, but when it comes to the actual work of getting it on paper and revising it and perfecting it, too much weed will slow you down.

I'll say this much - when I was a regular, daily smoker, it was like living my life at 1/4 speed. I didn't really make bad decisions or get in trouble like alcoholics do, but I wasted a hell of a lot of time. Weed makes it way, way too easy and pleasurable to just kick back, watch a movie, and have a lazy night. That's a great thing every now and then, but too much of it adds up to wasted potential.
>>
>>16590905
This, if you smoke weed but work, go to school, try to learn more and maintain motivation to achieve more then weed will only help you.

If you are smoking and wasting your money on drinking and clubbing while working at mc donalds then you will most definitely become stupid.

It's all about who you are and how disciplined you are to not become a loser stoner but instead a successful one.
>>
>>16590929
>>16590943
Family ITT
>>
The previous posters have summed it up pretty nicely.

However, I do want to add that smoking can seriously affect some of your mental capabilities. A friend of mine told me that after a period of heavy smoking, he could notice that his mind had become "slower". He used to be great at math, specifically mental math, but now he just can't do it the way he used to. Another heavy smoker I know frequently forgets what he was about to say or what he was doing.

Smoke if you want, but don't go overboard and fuck it all up, basically.
>>
>>16590840
Yes and no if you smoke too much you'll have problems but if you occasionally smoke like with friends sometimes or at a party you will be fine
>>
>>16590905
>>16590929
>>16590943
DUDE WEED OPENS YOUR MIND LMAO
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.