[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Dad is a moon hoax believer...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (51 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
51 KB, 480x360
So my Dad told me today he watched another shitty "documentary" and now is 100% sure that the Moon landing was a hoax.

He brought up the usual shit about the Van Allen belt, "why didn't they go back" etc and I refuted every point and also gave him reading material, but he won't listen.

I literally have zero respect for people who think like this. None.

What do?
>>
Get over it, man. It's basically just a hobby. If he does his job and takes care of his family, it doesn't fucking matter what he thinks about the moon landing. It's inconsequential. Some people just find this stuff interesting and like to read different viewpoints, just let him have his fun
>>
Kill yourself for giving a shit
>>
>>16590063

get over it. has he earned your respect in any other way? perhaps by raising you well, giving good advice, buying you nice things, not treating you like his personal punching bag, etc?

if he brings it up a lot, try to embrace it. conspiracy theories are an interesting topic of discussion, even if you dont believe em. i dont believe the earth is flat, but i bring it up alllllll the fucking time, show people the map, how it would work if it was flat, etc. i love conspiracy theories, even the whacky outlandish ones.

nothing better than a beer and a crazy documentary. i mean no one really believes ancient aliens but we were talking about it nonstop when it was in its prime.

why cant you be that bro for your dad?
>>
Get on with your life, sans respect for his critical thinking skills.

His opinion is just as irrelevant as the moon landing itself. It really has no bearing on your life whether he's right or wrong.
>>
>>16590063
This first one didn't happen and theres a lot of proof to prove it.

BUT!

The moon landings all did happen after the first one, we have moon rocks you know. You can't just fake those.
>>
I don't believe it either, what proof did you give him, and I mean PROOF, like court case proof. Not some he said she said shit.
>>
>>16590080
this
For a while my dad got into the whole "9/11 was planned or allowed to happen by the U.S." thing and even though I might not 100% believe it I learned a lot of interesting things and arguments about it. It didn't bother me because my dad took care of the family. Don't let it bother you. I'd rather have a dad that has the capacity to question things rather than a dad who just blindly believes every fucking thing he sees or hears.
>>
>>16590063
Fun thing is
The moonthing is so elaborate we will never know the truth unless we get there ourselves its all theory till then with a 50/50 chance
>>
>>16590063

Eh, don't be a know-it-all. As others are saying, this is like a hobby for him. It's just something he's interested in. Criticizing him is just like criticizing someone for having "bad taste" in movies or books. It's not about who's right or wrong, you're just making yourself look like an asshole for trying to police his leisure time.
>>
Are there aliens on the moon?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.