[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just had one of the worst, most traumatic weeks of my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>just had one of the worst, most traumatic weeks of my life
>so stressed I puked, had physical symptons and lost 2lbs
>GF has been consistently away all day all these days
>feel totally alone
>when she appears, I cling to her because I have no other emotional support
>yesterday she wanted to have a talk
>say I'm on top of her too much and she feels suffocated
>say I should leave the "gay stuff" regarding feelings to her

I mean... Really. I don't even know what to ask for. I just feel crushed and now completely pulled away.
>>
>>16589715

How about you tell us the traumatic event so we can tell if it actually warrants your behavior or if your girlfriend is actually being callous.

Until you can do that I'm going to assume you're being dramatic and need to man up because that's not attractive to women. Unless it's a woman who wants to boss men around.
>>
>>16589715
>say I should leave the "gay stuff" regarding feelings to her
I was on board with her until this. Everything else she said could be understandable and I was going to say that she just needed some perspective/empathy, but what the fuck. That's an outright cuntish thing to say.

I'd either ignore her completely or break up with her now that she's shown her true colors. You need to focus on you right now.
>>
>>16589715
>Falling for the modern "men should express their feelings" meme

You're a male, you're not supposed to have feelings. Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>16589715
focus on yourself, let her come to you. I went thru the same thing, you cannot live for another human you have to live for yourself without being completely narcissistic while caring for the other person without making them feel trapped or whatever.

regarding the "gay stuff" thing.. my gf has never said that.
>>
>>16589721
I posted another thread just about that night, but I'll try to make it short here.

Went to see her, she lives far away, we got delayed, the buses stopped coming early around 11pm and I couldn't get back home. I didn't eat anything from 3pm that day until about 2pm the other day. Spent all night on the street, under rain, with no means of communication or going back home until the buses started coming out at 4am. My phone was dead. Tried to hide in a gas station. It was littered with crazy junkies. Got home like 6am. Got into a fistfight with my mom's boyfriend who just attacked me because he had no idea what happened and thought I had just been a dick. They also broke my computer while I was away. And now I got a slight cold.

That's the gist of it.
>>
It really depends on what actually HAPPENED this week and was so "traumatic," and how often you need "emotional support" like this from your girlfriend. Because honestly, there are some people that are just way too fragile and need way too much "support" for things that most people work through on their own. Your girlfriend is not your therapist, she didn't sign on to tackle all of your emotional problems.

But if you're usually solid, and you had a death in the family or something truly serious, then she's being a bitch. But I really can't judge without any specifics.
>>
>>16589744

Nigga you missed a bus. How much "emotional support" do you fucking need? If that constitutes a traumatic experience for you, you should really count yourself lucky
>>
>>16589744
I remember your thread. Basically you told your dad to piss off because he started shouting at you at 6am or something when you walked in the door. Rather than try diffuse the situation, by telling him that the buses got cancelled and you tried calling but you had no cell phone, you just told him to piss off, you're not in the mood.

Both of you were as bad as each other. Him, for being a dick for just shouting at you when you walked in the door. And you, for rising to it instead of trying to diffuse the situation.

As for your GF, if you want emotional support in a relationship, you're not going to find it with this girl. The fact that she disrespects you when you come to her with problems regarding your family, means she's a complete cunt. This shows that she's really not in the relationship to support you, but chances are she'll expect you to support her if something is up. I'd suggest ending with her, or at least having a long hard think about what sort of relationship you have with her.

If you are happy just having a gf for sex and some fun times, she'll do. If you want a partner who will be able to support you for shit that crops up in your life, find someone else.
>>
>>16589777
I actually screamed "I HAD NO FUCKING PHONE AND COULDN'T CALL ANYBODY" when he shouted the first time, but it kinda feel on deaf ears, so I got pissed.

I won't deny I kind of escalated it though after I got into my room and found my PC torn apart (his idea).
>>
>>16589715
Sounds like you just need a case of the Man the fuck up

Go get /fit/, feel those endorphins pumping in your brain, feel alive, eat healthy, stop letting outside sources affect your well-being and go grab life by the balls. No girl wants a wimp, that's why she's saying to cut it out with all that gay shit. Whenever you get a weak pitiful thought in your head trade it out for a strong productive thought.

Then once you finally stabilize yourself she'll be the one feeling the clingy emotions because you're such a suave manly dude who doesn't need a female for emotional support.
>>
>>16589794
I lift six times a week for nearly two years now and follow a strict diet. Currently I'm cutting.

Lifting isn't the be-all-end-all for conquering life.
>>
>>16589744

That's not fun, but it's not "traumatic," everyone who's ever lived without a car has had nights like that. I don't really see what your girlfriend can do about it after the fact. And the way you talk about getting a "slight cold" and stress-puking and having "physical symptoms" from a situation like this, suggests that you're being a bit of a drama queen.

It's not attractive to sit around listening to your partner whine about minor problems like this. It's not attractive to play up your weaknesses and blow things out of proportion to beg for sympathy. It's not a good way of seeking attention in a relationship. It's not even a gendered thing, I ended up dumping my ex-girlfriend for pretty much the exact same kind of behavior. I'd be there in a second to HELP the people I care about, but if you're just expecting constant sympathy and "support" while you sit there whining, it just gets exhausting after a while.
>>
>>16589810
To be fair, I'd wager it's the family thing. OP didn't go into as much detail. But, he faced harassment from his dad after a shit night, had his computer broken, then his dad trying to attack him. Then the rest of his family turned on him because he actually got better off in the fight physically.

I would wager he was looking for some emotional support from his gf given that his entire family turned on him for something that wasn't his fault.

I don't know where people are coming from in this thread, but men are not robots. There are plenty of women out there that would give him the mental support he needed at that time and not insult him for it. That's not a GF. Not someone you should even remotely think long term with when it comes to living together or a family and shit.
>>
>>16589825
That's pretty much it. My mom's with her boyfriend and my sister isn't even looking at me. I talked to her yesterday and she just listened and didn't say anything. The mood is pretty sour to say the least and now I'm an attacker or whatever here.
>>
>>16589825

That's fair, and I think I was projecting my own experiences too much onto OP's situation. I don't have enough context to speak on his relationship like that. And you're right that, out of context, his girlfriend's response seems pretty cold and un-loving.

But I do stand by my point that there's a right way and a wrong way to ask for help and comfort with your problems. There's legitimate stuff going on, but then you tack on all this cry-for-help shit about "physical symptoms," using words like "traumatic," trying to spin a big story out of a crappy night where he missed the bus. It just gets to be too much, it feels like you're overplaying your hand for attention. You'd be better off just saying "my family is acting crazy, what should I do?" or "my family is acting crazy, please distract me for a while."
>>
>>16589787
What the fuck? You call that attempting to diffuse the situation?
>>
>>16589744
>And now I got a slight cold.
>a slight cold

bahahahahahaah
>>
I lose 2lbs every morning when I take a shit and piss.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.