[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys for Christmas should I get my 2 year gf a 90 dollar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1447050802848.jpg (534 KB, 1750x2100) Image search: [Google]
1447050802848.jpg
534 KB, 1750x2100
Hey guys for Christmas should I get my 2 year gf a 90 dollar northface jacket, or take her out to this fondue place for 100 bucks?
What would you find to be the better move? I'm 20 and shes 18 if that helps. Its my own money I worked for so I like to decide whats the better way to use it foe the relationship
>>
Why the fuck is melted cheese and chocolate $100?
>>
>>16588631
Dont know, its probably because of the location/ restaurant appeal/ overpriced
>>
Take her out, spending time > buying shitty jacket, you can beat the stuffing out of her after you have some stuffed crabs
>>
>>16588633
Why the fuck would you be prepared to pay that much for fondue?
>>
>>16588646
Because she talked about how it would be such a cool experience. Idk why I thought it was stupid too but shes into this kind of somewhat exotic stuff
>>
>>16588662
>I thought it was stupid too
Get her the jacket. You won't be genuine at the fondue place and the jacket will serve her for a long time.
>>
Are there any girls that could give me their perspective?
>>
>>16588662
Sounds like she's trying to get a free expensive meal out of you, to be honest
>>
Make her pay half and use the rest to go see a movie, that gives you a lot of moments to take advantage of.
>>
>>16588627

Why not go away for a long weekend somewhere interesting.
>>
>>16588667
Come on fellas not all women are men users who are with them until they are financially and emotionally drained just like a caprie sun
>>
>>16588666
My perspective is that both ideas are pretty terrible. A jacket is pretty boring as a gift and I'd rather buy one myself and get something else as a present, and I don't understand why fondue is so expensive, and again, that alone is a pretty boring gift.
>>
>>16588670
I'm a girl. I know what 18 year old girls are like, by the way.
>>
>>16588672
Well what would you suggest then?
You call it boring gifts but if someone took the time to pick me out a decent jacket or take me out for free I be pretty grateful
>>
>>16588678
Not all jackets are equal, and you might not pick out one that's flattering, the right size, the right colour, etc. Unless she's asked for a specific jacket, don't get her a jacket. And going out for dinner is something you can do any time, and most people want something tangible for this Christmas anyway. The only exception to that is unique experiences, and fondue is not something I consider unique, nor would I ever say it's worth $100.
>>
I am a girl and I would 110% want the jacket over foundue
>>
Jacket, obviously.
And go eat burgers with the leftover 10 bucks.
Seriously, though, the fondue won't make a truly lasting impression, sure, it'll be cool, but that's about it.
The jacket she'll wear for way more time than she'd remember the molten cheese.
>>
Please tell me where you can buy a Northface jacket for $95.
>>
>>16588627
I'd personally prefer to be taken out somewhere than getting a material gift.
Dates are much more personal and romantic imo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.