[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I want to apoligize for what i think would be a really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-02-50-19.png (198 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-02-50-19.png
198 KB, 480x800
Hey /adv/,
I want to apoligize for what i think would be a really common question, ive actually never been to this board before. Heres the quick rundown.

Freshman in college.
Girl of 1 year as of october 23.
Broke up sometime in novemeber.

The reason for the breakup was a lack of communication on my end, which led to a lack on hers. It faded, and she broke it off. At the moment she did, i played it like it wasnt entirely my fault, or on the fact that school got in the way, or something like that. Well, today, i appligized for all of that, admitted to my ignorance, and just said a heartfelt sorry. She immediately responded with "its okay, ive forgiven you, are you seeing someone else? Im over it just in case you were wondering". Heres the thing. I guess im happy alone... but i miss her. What we had actually was special, its not like any relationship ive had since before then or since we broke up. Were meeting up tomorrow to trade items we have from the other person, but should i try to talk to her, to see if maybe wed ever be able to get back together again?

Again, sorry for the long, common post.
>>
>>16588570
>Im over it just in case you were wondering
Your chances of getting back together are basically none.
>>
>>16588570
Ugh, those are one of those texts that I get dizzy over and can't finish reading.

"Lack of communication" is a bullshit excuse out of a marriage, where finances are a concern. DESU she probably was bored of you.
>>
>>16588621
>marriage
Where the fuck did you even get marriage from?
>>
>>16588625
>Where the fuck did you even get marriage from?
From my own mind..? Did you even read my post? I said lack of communication is just a bullshit excuse, DESU she was probably feeling other things.
>>
>>16588637
They're not married? Marriage has nothing to do with OP's problem?
>>
>>16588618
This

She spent three sentences saying "we're not getting back together"
>>
>>16588640
Are you confused?

OP said:
>The reason for the breakup was a lack of communication on my end, which led to a lack on hers.

I said that was a bullshit excuse unless you're married. OP is not married, so it's a bullshit excuse.

What can't you grasp about that? I'm telling him his understanding of why they broke up was wrong.
>>
>>16588653
By saying "out of a marriage" it sounded like you were saying "its an excuse to get out of a marriage"

I would have said "unless you're in a marriage"

But I disagree about communication. If we're not able to communicate what we want from each other and there is unmet needs, I would not want to stay in that relationship.
>>
>>16588657
>But I disagree about communication. If we're not able to communicate what we want from each other and there is unmet needs, I would not want to stay in that relationship.
I suppose, but I'm such an easy communicator I don't think I've ever dealt with that. I dunno, ignore me OP.
>>
>>16588640
>They're not married? Marriage has nothing to do with OP's problem?

Meant

>They're not married. Marriage has nothing to do with OP's problem.

Was typing like a fucking moron for a minute, wasn't asking any questions.
>>
>>16588676
Do you not understand how punctuation can be used to convey tone through text?
>>
>>16588687
>Tone
>Anonymous

lol back to your WoW RP chat room, kid.
>>
>>16588694
I'll take that as a no.
>>
>>16588696
k
>>
Hey, OP here. Listening to the conversation so far hhas been educational, but one post really drove home.

>>16588645
I was honestly freaking the fuck out 10 minutes ago, but when i read this, then reread the message, i calmed down and could think rationally again.

The reason i was freaking out is that i had no idea what she was thinking, if she was trying to hide being jealous or had really moved on or what was happening. But with a definite answer like that, and actually understanding it, i know how to approach it. Honestly the way i should have been approaching it from the beginning rather than freak out about it. I need to just approach it as friends. Because, thats pretty good. If the rare chance occurs and things start up again sometime later, cool. But its not like i can force this. So i just have to enjoy her company while i still have that, living my own life all the same.

I think that sounds pretty good, right?
>>
>>16588706
The relationship's over. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you move on.
>>
>>16588712
Exactly. I guess i just couldnt do that earlier because my friends were trying to dodge the bullet of telling me. But now i honestly feel 100x better than i did before because you helped me realize this fact. Im actually haply again to be honest. I thought i found closure a month and a half ago but it was all just hidden until i started talking to her again. But now i feel like i can actually be her friend, and not the awkward "i miss us" kind of guy, and get things back the way they were before we even dated without a problem. Thank you all, anons. You literally helped me move on.
>>
>>16588706
>>16588733
Good! Very good. You've got it exactly. Enjoy your freedom.
>>
>>16588706
No. No possibility of togetherness. Move the fuck on.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.