[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up when a guy seeks approval from me? For example:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 450x300
What's up when a guy seeks approval from me?
For example:
>sends me his artwork and says how all his friends are telling him it's great and want one too
>'but i know its shitty lol'
or
>'i look like shit'
>sends me a pic of himself half naked in a bathtub

Every time I truthufully say that he/it isn't shitty, all that. But why he does that? He perceives me as his mummy or what?
>>
>>16587884

1/10
>>
Prob something along these lines: I want to fuck you. If I tell to that to your face you will most likely decline. I don't know what game is. So this is my way of saying I like you. Society teaches me going for what you want is bad and creepy. I forget society teaches women are perceived as sluts if they take the lead/andor dont want to take the lead. Still I want you and this is my way of saying that.
>>
>>16587897
It's not a b8, I'm just an autistic lass
>>
>>16587924

It's definitely this: >>16587899, zero doubt about it. It's pretty obvious, hence the bait accusation.
>>
>>16587935
Hmm okay... I was 99% sure it's some kind of a mommy-complex, figured maybe he was underappreciated as a kid and now seeks validation or sth

Asking out would be much much easier
>>
>mommy-complex

nice meme
>>
>>16587953
He's either ignorant or afraid of rejection or he feels like you should ask him out. In your case, probably no.2, since he's sending you half-nude pics.
>>
>>16587884
>He perceives me as his mummy or what?
Sort of. It's a bit more complex than that, but there is certainly a mother-aspect to it. Freud believed that all men thought this way, and he was wrong about that, but some men do.

However, this guy would probably prefer the term "angel" if that makes any sense. His opinion of himself is very low, rightly or wrongly, and no one can take that forever. We all need to be told that we aren't total pieces of shit, or at least that there is hope for us yet, from time to time. You've become this for him, since he cannot do it for himself.
>>
>>16588025
Spot on analysis there. Anon, may I ask: do you feel any need to nurture him? Your connotation would make one believe you're slightly annoyed and yet here you are writing a post about it.
>>
>>16588031
I love this bloke, he's my friend, I want him to realise he's much better than he thinks he is. But the way constanly reaches out to me and wants to get 'grounded' in belief that he's good enough, etc, it just made me wonder. This has been going for over 2 years.

Curious thing, I'm way lower in social circles, attractiveness, maybe even intelligence. I would imagine he would turn to someone 'above' him for approval.

And this 'angel' thing, is it sexual in any way?
>>
>>16588071
>even intelligence
>And this 'angel' thing, is it sexual in any way?
nice lil bait ya got there
>>
>>16588076
It's not a bait, I'm maladjusted and know nothing about blokes. Never knew one before really. I feel confused which is why I ask you for help.
>>
>>16588108
Some things are better left to the imagination. Or maybe to an explanation in real life. I swear it's not bait. Do you believe me?
>>
>>16588129
I do, but I know I won't get an explanation from him in real life, and I don't like situations like these, when I feel unsure and don't know what's going on. Hence this post, I hoped someone could help me clarify.
>>
>>16588163
I don't know what ya talkin bout
>>
>>16588071
>And this 'angel' thing, is it sexual in any way?
Not in and of itself, though those feelings may also be present.
>>
>>16588181
Thanks, anon
>>
Bump for interest
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.