[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got in an argument with my parents (they were being dicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1401160780131.jpg (12 KB, 274x273) Image search: [Google]
1401160780131.jpg
12 KB, 274x273
So I got in an argument with my parents (they were being dicks so I called them out but anyway) and my dad somehow managed to prevent my phone from accessing the house wifi, even though he never touch my phone (as far as I know) how do I reverse this?
>>
He might've reset the router and/or changed the password. Are you sure it was deliberate?
>>
>>16587792
you wait two years until you're 19 and move out.
>>
being that they pay your phone bill im sure its possible. Now go to sleep
>>
>>16587792
join the military and use wi-fi that you bought yourself and become a better person because of it so your father has no reason to "be a dick" to you and you can finally get rid of your secret desire to make papi proud :^)
>>
>>16587799
My phone connects but I can't actually access the Internet
>>16587801
I'm 18 and the rent prices in my city are unbelievable
>>16587810
I pay rent to them I'm gonna use the fucking wifi
>>
Either changed the wifi password or blocked your MAC address.
>>
>parents seriously charge their own kids rent, making it even harder for them to get enough savings to move out
>>
>>16587827

What this nig said.
>>
>>16587819
support the military because you want to live in a world where wars exist and you know the only way they'll end is if each and every individual takes personal responsibility and doesn't enlist or re-enlist. can't have that happen now can we
>>
He probably just changed the password. It IS possible that he MAC-filtered it, but that takes a degree of savvy (and, for that matter, effort) that he'd have to have been REALLY mad to be willing to bother.

Dare I ask what the argument was about?
>>
>>16587858
That only holds in a world war all remaining militaries are all-volunteer. We are not even close to that yet.
>>
>>16587867
He is very tech savvy, they came home drunk and started an argument (as they have a habit of doing) about me being untidy (I tend to forget to lift my coffee cup off the counter but that's about it, I pull my own weight in chores and do the dishes every night) so it got heated and so I tried to diffuse it and said I'd work on it but they kept pushing so I called them out about starting fights every time they drink and they lost their shit. My mom got all nasty the way women do, and told me to fuck off so I told her to fuck off and it kinda erupted, mom told me not to speak to her like that and I said if she treats me like that I'll treat her the same etc etc, they tend to swear or get in my face then act like I'm the bad guy when I do the same. Not the worst argument we've ever had, far from it but I'm not gonna start it up again over the wifi so close to Xmas
>>
>>16587900
Additional: I work every weekend and can rarely get time or enough cash to go out with my friends so I depend on my phone to keep me in the loop
>>
A lot of routers have options to restrict internet time and such bullshit, he probably did that for your device (its kinda likely the router only goes on local IP for this).
If thats the case, you can probably get away with whatever gives you a new IP, dunno what does that for smartphones, try restarting it. If that doesnt work, try renaming it to.

Otherwise he probably filtered you with MAC.
If I were you I'd talk with my parents like an adult, say you'll gladly work out whatever argument you have later when you all cooled down. Until then you would appreciate it if he didnt block your internet access as its a really dick move when you are paying rent and all.
>>
>>16587925
Thanks man I'll try that
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.