[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm attracted to somebody only until they're attracted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1356100424_2850_Untitled.jpg (57 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
1356100424_2850_Untitled.jpg
57 KB, 600x332
I'm attracted to somebody only until they're attracted to me. What's wrong with me and how do I get over this?

>10/10 silver Fox
>dressing all cute for him and shit
>really just want the D
>he asks to go out off coffee
>I brighten up his day
>acting like a love sick puppy
>I immediately shutdown

>8/10 Israeli cutie
>kind of a geek but really suave
>cute accent, very talented
>start to flirt
>he tells me I'm beautiful and shit
>he wants me at art conventions with him
>shut down, cut contact

Am I broken?
>>
>>16586879
Have you thought of just going for hook-ups?
Since you literally get bored with guys instantly, it may work out great for you.
Man-whore reporting in.
>>
Basically, you're trash and you need to spend a lot of time figuring out who you are, instead of wasting people's time.

Don't dress to impress, don't engage in conversations with people. Just get through the day and then go home and watch self-help stuff on youtube.
>>
You're insecure. You like them, but once they like you back then you start to think there must be something wrong with them because they like you. Like if they were so great they wouldn't like you. Just them liking you, makes you think they must have a huge flaw. That's your own insecurity
>>
>>16587001
Hookups are nice but eventually I want something substantial. I see myself going out for coffee and dates with this older guy and having a great time but for some reason when he brought it up, I became disinterested, even for sex. It just felt eager, even though it wasn't even close.
>>
>>16586879
You have poor self worth. You don't think you deserve affection.
>>
You have classic daddy issues. You had a rocky relationship with your dad, but you're only attracted to men who reject you, just like Dad did. Once they show their hand, you think they're a pussy.

These girls are easy to get in bed once you know the trick, which is to act like you're barely tolerating them and give off a "you're lucky I'm having sex with you" vibe, but they're worthless for relationships

Go see a therapist and get the rundown on this stuff, basically you have low self-esteem
>>
I completely know what you're talking about OP. I get the same feeling.

It's good though. When you're still really attracted to someone even after you find out, then it sticks and you're good. Don't worry about it, really.
>>
>>16587067
You may only find the "hunt" or the "chase" interesting. Tell your mind that you're not going to get anything substantial if you get bored so quickly. And the result for giving up so fast will be being alone.

Also, keep hooking up as you only have your youth to enjoy it.
>>
It's not about the chase - these guys blew it.

PUA has been teaching for a long time to show only incidental interest in the woman for this very reason. Thirst implies low social status and is thus unattractive.

Note all these normalfags who hate you for this. Note that PUA doesn't hate you, it just describes your mentality biologically and mechanically. Note that PUA is your true friend, and these normies would have you distrust it.
>>
>>16587133
you don't know shit about PUA if all you've read is The Game

modern PUA is completely fucking different
>>
>>16587150

There is no "modern" PUA. There are a bunch of scammers trying to repackage the same old bullshit for blog hits, though.
>>
>>16587059
I know who I am though. I'm okay with myself.

>>16587065
>>16587072
>>16587076
My dad was great. Died when I was 12 though. It wasn't rocky at all. But how can I get better self esteem? I feel like exercise and eating right and taking pride in my appearance only does good for my self image. I want them to like me though.

>>16587090
>>16587093
These were helpful

>>16587133
I'm thinking this might be it, maybe I just want the game to last a little longer than a week or so?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.