[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.jpg (157 KB, 1043x885) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
157 KB, 1043x885
My girlfriend I have just met in college(4 months together, 2 months dating) has an ex boyfriend of 5 years that she broke up with a little after he joined the navy. She has facebook posts about how in love she is with him and what not. She has told me how much she loves tall guys before and he is 6'6" and I am 5'8". I feel physically inferior to him, and she has a lot of history with this guy(like you could make a shitty country music video with a collage of their past and them growing up together).

Before the break started, he started texting her about how he is coming home for christmas. She didnt tell him anything about having a new boyfriend and she texted him with a lot of smileys and what not(I read the text messages and we talked about it). He wants to see her, and I know she wants to see him. She told me she wouldnt go see him if I dont want her too but I would have no way of knowing if she did because I live in a different state. When I first met her, she cheated on a boyfriend of 2 months with me. She said it was because she was unhappy with him and knew it wasnt going to work out. Well in a series of events, she hasnt been able to go see him yet because she has been busy with getting teeth pulled, wisdom teeth removal, going to see her dad in a different state, and what not. Today, she told me she isnt going to get to see him due to time conflictions(but I dont know if I believe that). I need advice on how to handle this and what to think. This is my first girlfriend.
>pic related
>>
>>16586766
Go and start dating new girls. It gives you options and that is basically what you need right now.

>she cheated on a boyfriend of 2 months with me

Well, yeah. Guess what will happen next.
>>
>>16586766
>first met her, she cheated on a boyfriend of 2 months with me

Was with you up until this bit. Sorry dude. Whether or not she's cheating on you with him, this relationship is doomed to failure.

Relationships only work if there's total mutual honesty, and that's really hard to have with someone who's cheated in the past, especially if they cheated with you. That, coupled with the fact that she hasn't told him she has a new boyfriend, should make you very uncomfortable. Whether or not she sleeps with him, she's probably not fully committed to your relationship.
>>
>>16586766
>Before the break started, he started texting her about how he is coming home for christmas
>She didnt tell him anything about having a new boyfriend
Giant red flag

>She told me she wouldnt go see him if I dont want her too but I would have no way of knowing
It's a trap. You say no, she resents you and does it anyways. Say yes, and it happens without struggle.

>she cheated on a boyfriend of 2 months with me
She will do this to every guy, including you.

My advice. She is not gf material. She sounds sneaky and manipulative. Find a girl who isn't a headache.
>>
Dude, have a little bit of self-respect. A girl who needs to be told not to privately spend time with an ex-boyfriend isn't even dating material. She's absolutely not relationship material.

Maybe wait until the girls in your age group have grown up enough to learn how to behave themselves. Then you're actually going to get something valuable back in exchange for commitment. Right now this is just embarrassing. Shame on her parents.
>>
>>16586766
she is hot, but you have to accept that she is both a liar and a cheater. once a cheater, always a cheater. your best bet is hoping that he dies somewhere at sea next tour. that guy in the pic is hideous though so if youre slightly better looking than him at least you have that. also dont let her see that you feel inferior for only being 5'8". confidence is always hotter to a girl than height no matter how much she likes tall guys. be confident in yourself and your relationship with her (even if you suspect shit dont act all insecure just figure out if it is true). she sounds like she is lying though so it's your move. you can try visiting her randomly and see what happens. it's your first girlfriend so i don't expect you to understand that this isnt the end all be all of girls in your life because i didnt understand that when i was with my first girlfriend.

but basically because she was able to cheat on another dude with you, she definitely is capable and probably willing to cheat on you with her ex. no reason to be jealous of him though just because theyve had some high school times and shit. honestly the only time to get sentimental about missing time with someone is when you are married to them. thats what ive learned in my experience at least
>>
>>16586814

this guy speaks the truth. seriously, you shouldnt have to convince her to not spend time with her ex. if she was ever serious about you, she just wouldnt do it.

you can't turn a hoe into a housewife
>>
With everyone focusing on her, I'd also like to add a cherry on top of the shit sundae for OP. I haven't seen anyone mention the obvious "Why wouldn't he try to get some?" Even if it's not in her plans at all, he's so definitely going to try and tap that ass for old time's sake. He's either been out at sea getting used to banging hookers on shore leave or he's been starved during training with the occasional ride on the bicycle. Neither of those scream "I'll respect her new boyfriend." He's going to try.
>>
>>16586881
She lied to the swabbie too. For all he knows she's single.
>>
>>16586900
What ever happened to the simpler days when people would just be Facebook official? Everyone had one (she clearly does and I'd expect he does too) and there was none of this bullshit about thinking people were single.
>>
I am really conflicted. I am starting to love her if that isn't too cringy to say in a relationship this young. Should I talk to her about it and call her out on things like not telling him we are dating and what not? Is stepping up a bad idea? It will piss her off but im starting to resent her for all of this
>>16586881
Exactly. This is what I am afraid of.
>>
>>16586914
Dude that's like buying a piece of shit car that's falling apart and then "calling it out" for being shit. What's that supposed to accomplish? The car is what it is. You realized that it's a lemon and now you're trying to talk it into being a BMW. Shit's broke, son. What's stepping up gonna accomplish?

Don't resent her for being who she is. There are going to be lemons in life. If everyone were equally capable and valuable for relationships then we wouldn't bother with dating. We'd walk outside blindfolded, throw a Nerf dart at random and marry the first person we hit. Right? Well we don't do that because at least half of the people out there are below-average. Think about that. Half of people aren't even good enough to be decent.

Your responsibility is to have the balls to demand decency. It's better to date casually or even be single than to have mature expectations and wait for immature people to deliver on them. They never will. They can't.
>>
>>16586937
Okay, so do I break up with her now(which I really dont want to do)? Or do I inevitably wait for her to cheat on me and the relationship to fail? Or can I "fix" her?
>>
>>16586909
What happened to the days before the internet. You had to pick up a phone or knock on someones door to see them. Nowadays, everyone is reachable 24/7. It creates too much temptation.
>>
>>16586947
You break up with her now. She is not deserving of commitment. I don't know whether she's an immoral person (though a history of infidelity is a big clue) but I'm talking in practical terms here. She's a nearly broken down station wagon and the price tag is $50,000. Not worth it. You might borrow a car like that once in a while and fill its gas tank on the way back, but that's it. You don't buy a broken car.

If you are capable of holding yourself to standards of decency which lesser men cannot, you should be dating women who hold themselves to standards of decency as well. You came here because you knew already that what she's doing is indecent. You don't fix people like that. You just have the brains to stay away from them.
>>
>>16586947
You can either cut your loses now or wait until she damages you emotionally further. You sound like the type of guy who would take her back if she cheated.

Part of being a grown up is to when certain people are bad for you, it's best to not deal with them on any level.
>>
OP you might want to start distancing yourself from this girl. I know it might not be easy but to be honest she sounds super trashy.

Good luck, it may be difficult at first but you'll thank yourself later once you've found someone much better.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.