[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just recently got my first boyfriend whom I love very very much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1447947875040.jpg (21 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447947875040.jpg
21 KB, 720x720
Just recently got my first boyfriend whom I love very very much and that I want to spend the rest of my life with, but the problem is that he doesn't have a job. He lives with his parents and doesn't have any future plans whatsoever. He just basically sits at home all day just playing video games.
Now I don't have a problem with this but how do I explain this to family members and friends? I'm more of an outgoing ambitious person and it's kind of embarrassing when people ask what he does.
Do I help him finding a career? Everytime I bring up the subject he keeps pushing me away and doesn't want do talk about it. Am I just being silly?
>>
IF you love him as you said, no need to be embarassed.
And if this is really a problem, the relationship will end soon. So don't worry. Just enjoy what you have.
>>
>>16586614
If his parents are rich it's not really a big deal.
>>
>>16586614

Just tell your family that your goal in life is to be a mother figure to a manchild and raise it as your own.
>>
>>16586630
Why so?
>>
>>16586642

Because it doesn't matter what he does in life. He will be ok.

This is a fundamental difference between rich and poor people.
>>
>>16586642
Unless he wastes money he'll likely never be poor.
>>
As long as you don't expect him to ever change, then there's no problem. It sounds like you might be setting yourself up, though.

So, if/when shit goes south, just remember that you were a willing participant.
>>
>Now I don't have a problem with this

Keep telling yourself that and one day you might just believe it. NEET is a huge red flag.
>>
Long term this isn't going to work. You have to find someone who ALREADY IS what you want. You can't push someone to change or be different without creating resentment. If its not something they initiated or wanted on their own, they'll resent you for making them change. And if they don't change you'll grow to resent THEM. Its not going to work. Sounds like you are too different. Unless he's willing and wants to compromise on differences then you'll both be unhappy
>>
>>16586666

Shut up archi-devil, I know a bunch of richfag NEETs who are getting their dick wet just fine. The girl generally lives with them and gets financial help from their parents for education and shit. Sometimes, if the girl really makes it in life, she drops the NEET though. Usually they just passive-aggressively sleep around though.
>>
If iyou want to be with this man then you have to accept that you'll be the sole provider or breadwinner. He's not going to change. People change when they want to. They rarely change when other people want them to. He could pretend, get a job temporarily, but he'll probably end up quitting or something. If its an issue now, it will probably be an issue throughout your entire relationship.
>>
OP here

Would it be better if I talked openly about it and tell him how I felt? Or would that just make it worse
>>
>>16586694

Why are you with him? This story makes no sense. Like are you in it for his parents' money? Is he amazingly good looking? Are you just a loser who can't get anyone else.

I don't get this.
>>
>>16586671
Quads don't lie. I grew up in a rich neighborhood and I know more of those kinds than I'd like to admit. Most of them are in relationships and yet I would not consider even a single one of them a good human being.
>>
>>16586701
He's the first guy that I genuinely like that likes me back. I don't care about money really, I just really like his personality and humor and just the way he is. First time I'm in love
>>
>>16586730

I don't disagree with what you just said. In fact, it seems we agree entirely.

>>16586731

Shiggy diggy.
>>
File: 1446213660617.jpg (23 KB, 381x390) Image search: [Google]
1446213660617.jpg
23 KB, 381x390
It's kinda cute that your ambitiousness has goaded you into a fucking fixer-upper relationship.
This is probably the worst thing that you could ask for someone else's advice on though. We don't know your boyfriend. What I DO know, however, is that his parents are enabling this. If you can't get to him directly, maybe you could try broaching the subject with his parents? I'm sure his fucking father isn't exactly pleased with this setup.

It'd actually be better for him, if they kicked him out.

Good luck with your project.
>>
>>16587135
Self learning for anything but programming and trades is a fucking /sci/ meme, and don't let those jackasses tell you otherwise.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.