[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think many anons who lurk chans could learn from this, so I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: purpose.png (2 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
purpose.png
2 MB, 1280x532
I think many anons who lurk chans could learn from this, so I hope experienced people out there contribute.

How does one go about growing up after due time? It seems to be a natural process to most people. Getting a girlfriend, a job, having sex, doing adult stuff in general. It comes a time when the fruit matures and it just falls down from the tree, naturally.

However, I haven't done that. My profile is undoubtedly similar to many anons. I'm 23, kissless virgin, have never had a job and still struggling with school (at least I don't have to pay for it, it's a public university where I live), only learned to drive last year.

Having decided to do it, how does one go about actually doing it? I have missed the right time and now I am clueless.
>>
>>16586359
there is no right time. you're not a personality-less robot. hell some people don't start til they're 30, some start at 16. they're not you so who cares? if you have to, apply to anything. even if it's retail or some other meaningless stuff. a paycheck is a paycheck. do the activities you enjoy and look for classes with them if you wanna meet people. if there aren't classes, get out there and enjoy them on your own, meet people naturally. it doesn't matter that you haven't kissed anyone unless you want to be with a girl who doesn't accept you for who you are. that's why being a virgin when i was about 20 didnt make a difference with my first serious gf
>>
Start putting in applications to places. It's annoying, but easy. Just get a basic job that you'll have no problem quitting when the time comes, like a cashier. It will teach you important lessons in both socializing with people, and hating people. Start putting money away for inevitable car troubles or health issues.

Other than that, I can't help you. I'm still learning to be an adult.
>>
>>16586395
Unfortunately I cannot have a full time job while studying and part time jobs don't exist where I live (3rd world country, imagine all the low paying jobs the mexicans take over there except everyone here is mexican).

>>16586392
Can you share a bit of your experience?
>>
>>16586359
>>16586416

What are you studying?
>>
>>16586432
I'm a Physics undergrad
>>
>>16586435

Dunno, your major is useless for any sort of contracting work. You aren't really going to get work unless you start teaching or move to a decent country. Unless you want to make youtube videos or something, but I am sure you won't. You really should just tell us what country you are from.

Anyway, you are pretty much stuck in kid mode. You could start trying to date though.
>>
>>16586440
I'm from Brazil
>>
>>16586359
Whatever you do just don't waste much more time.
>>
>>16586442

Join BOPE.
>>
>>16586442
Greetings from another anĂ£o in a similar situation. I'm still 19 though, so I got more time to figure things out, although I'm just as lost, as Fuvest fucked me up this year. Hopefully I'll work next year and study a fuckton on the side to get in next year. As for your situation, I don't have any advice, but I guess you should focus on getting your academical life sorted out before deciding what your next move is going to be. From there you can then get a job if you have the time and try to improve your social life.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.