[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up this year advice. I had a real shot at happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (3 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
3 KB, 480x360
I fucked up this year advice. I had a real shot at happiness and I don't know what changed within me, but I made a bad decision and I'm regretting it big time now. I fucked my life up, and in many ways I'm worse off now than I was this time last year, which I didn't think was possible.

I'm a loser and I fucking hate myself.

I'm 20 years old. Is it too late for me to fix all this and change my stars?
>>
2 l8
>>
>>16586326
What did you do?
>>
File: CRvLZsWUkAAh8IG.png (5 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
CRvLZsWUkAAh8IG.png
5 KB, 236x236
>>16586326
ITT
>>
>>16586326
if it isn't too late for a 60 year old, anon... i'm 24 and my life is in pieces and i'm just starting to really try picking it up. congratulations on being 4 years ahead of me. i regret some shit too we gotta understand we have to forgive ourselves eventually so why not start now?
>>
>>16586373
What happened to you anon? I'm in a similar situation I think (having to start from nothing) and hearing other people's experiences helps.
>>
>>16586370
>>16586326
Dude, you're fucking 20. You haven't wasted your life yet. Smh.
>>
File: akt.jpg (240 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
akt.jpg
240 KB, 1600x900
>>16586326
>>
>>16586375
my parents forced me to go to college when i wasn't ready. i went to community college, naturally. wasn't sure of what i wanted to do so i pursued my only hobby. got to my last semester of graphic design and said fuck this, i had a hunch i'd hate the idea of doing art for and based on client's demands. got a liberal arts and business degree (associates) in 2 years because i'm so behind for my age i wanted to have a foot in the door for job applications. i now realize i'd rather have just gotten out of my parents place. i let my gf talk me into getting another cat, which made it two. my parents treat their cat like shit so it's three, and my parents take in another cat so it's four. they're my only friends besides my gf who i knew was somewhat immature in terms of dealing with terrible people so she moved back with her parents so i'm now trying to get a job and then apartment with 4 cats and somehow afford it. they've now lived with me for years so i'd rather do this then find them homes, it's just a lot of fucking responsibility because one has an autoimmune condition and needs his food mixed in a blender and another got hit because my parents wouldnt keep the cats indoors so now i need to empty her bladder every 8-10 hours and clean up the poop she has no control over so it drops out of her thanks to the laxative i have to administer daily. i did find a good paying job and i think i have it but i'm forced to accept overtime and i have to try teaching and relying on my parents to do the cat's bladder. what will it mean in terms of moving out and not near them and taking my one cat too because my parents treat animals like shit? who knows

i imagine the specifics are vastly different =) but may vaguely relate. i hope my mess helps you
>>
>>16586436
I thought you were going to say you didn't go with the right girl or something similar.

You got nothing but time ahead of you, Anon.
>>
>>16586436
>I have too many cats
Oh my god you whingy little shit.
I thought you had terminal cancer or something.
Wah wah.
You're TWENTY
T W E N T Y
you don't realise how young you are.
>>
>>16586449
i'm not sure if you're op or aren't and thinking i am. i didn't go with the right girl though sadly. she moved on because we didn't really have a means to see each other in person more than once or twice a year or communicate well. it could be worse though, cause she realized she fucked up and it's looking like she's going to come back soon and we'd be handling the monetary and pet necessities as friends. i didnt mention that from the start because there's no guarantee she is or isn't going to, so i'm trying to become financially and entirely independent (also because even if she comes, i should prioritize this given her history with decision making)
>>
>>16586436
isn't op
>>
>>16586436
> I want to draw pretty pictures for a living but not have people tell me what to do despite wanting them to pay me.

There's no graphic design work left out there. The market is totally saturated. No one told you this?
>>
>>16586465
You don't know if you're the OP or not?

>>16586436
You just had to ask, didn't you /adv/?
>>
>>16586471
wanted to do freelance if creative freedom wasn't extensive, and i realized that varies so i considered freelance but couldnt bring myself to not hate doing art on the computer either way so i bailed. the art i do on paper takes over 12 hours for 1 drawing so it's not realistic. i'm gonna shut up now cause i'm not op
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.