[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats an interesting economis related topic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I'm expected to write some stuff about economics-business related topics. It can be anything from the rise of a company to investments on renawble energy, stories about individuals that did amazing-terrible or succesful things etc
>>
So what are some interesting stories, events, topic that I can find info on the internet and write about?
>>
talk about kids on youtube learn lots of money and making a career out of it
>>
>>16586260
let's learn some monies
>>
Look up Elon Musk, he failed four times before he made it big.
>>
>>16586683

Musk was from a wealthy family. I read his shitty biography and I didn't see anything exceptional about the man, except how good his jaw implant turned out.

>>16586255

Just pick something. Write about the coming virtual reality companies. Write about the .com boom and bubble bust. Write about declining coal and oil prices. Write about the 2008 financial crisis. There are endless topics.
>>
Look up Elon Musk, he failed four times before he made it big.
>>
>>16586711

With his daddy's money. Literally.
>>
Write about Black-Scholes model
>>
>>16586724

And how if a single concept you learned in your finance major was useful, you would be a billionaire by now.

>be at work many years ago
>some fgt calls in
>"Aite ima put mah kid on the phone, he gonna do some trades."
>"Aite"
>12 year old places a 2 million put trade
>Just sit there watching the chart drop
>Kid just made 10k in 15 mins
>dad comes back on, tells me it's going to be his kid's birthday present

Bridge posts on the highway looked real attractive on the way home.
>>
Well OP, there are a fair few economics-related articles that are quite interesting to the economically inclined mind.

First of all is the famous paper by George Akerlof - "The Market for Lemons" in which he investigates the disparity in information between buyers and sellers, and how brand power is established. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Market_for_Lemons

The McRib as Aribitrage investigates how price-setting is performed in monopolistic competition.

There's even an economic paper on Elaine's Spongeworthiness assessment:
https://www.princeton.edu/~dixitak/home/Elaine-Final-Web.pdf

http://www.theawl.com/2011/11/a-conspiracy-of-hogs-the-mcrib-as-arbitrage

A lot of economics papers concern themselves with ideas that seem to have nothing to do with economics:
http://interestingeconomics.blogspot.com
>>
>>16586739
what
>>
>>16586783

Finance is useless. None of the pricing models help you in trading short term.
>>
>>16586808
That's your opinion.
>>
>>16586821

Let's see your trade history. I will be back in 3 hours. If you want, lets get on Ooanda and start trading with $10,000 and max margin.

I guarantee you that I will make more in an hour guessing chart flow with no logic whatsoever than you will with anything you learned in a finance master's program or in your CFA.
>>
>>16586828
You are delusional if you think pricing models aren't used whatsoever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.